Question My headset microphone only picks up static noise, not my voice

Jun 17, 2023
I encountered this issue recently, my headset is a year old now and happenned to fall to the ground like 2 meters height in the past. Just to let you guys know. Now when i joined my friends' steam voice call on PC, they heard this weird wave noises, i tested it and it's the case and the mic also didn't pick up my voice.

I've tried the headset mic with laptop, the mic works but i heard a little static noise when i speak and the headset output now has a small static noise, which made me even more confused. Also uninstalling and reinstalling my mic driver didn't work, i reconnect the rear jack multiple times and it still didn't work.

Is my headset mic truly broken or something? I'd like to know so muchh. Thanks!

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Make and model headset?

Did the fall also include some sort of yank or jerk on the headset's cable?

If the headset mic fails to work on multiple systems where other headsets/mics work then it is likely that the headset mic was damaged by the fall.

Possible that some problem was developing over time and the fall tipped the headset over to the dark side.

Jun 17, 2023
Make and model headset?

Did the fall also include some sort of yank or jerk on the headset's cable?

If the headset mic fails to work on multiple systems where other headsets/mics work then it is likely that the headset mic was damaged by the fall.

Possible that some problem was developing over time and the fall tipped the headset over to the dark side.
The cable is fine and i forgot to make an update to my issue, i tested my relative's headset who has the same brand and model as mine on my PC, and it turns out that particular headset works just as fine, the microphone didn't produce any static noise and i heard my voice as well.

So my headset microphone is indeed the issue, well time to go find a replacement. Thanks for the reply by the way, i really appreciated it!