Question My HP Omen 17 is freezes while playing games

May 11, 2019
I have a problem with my device and I hope we can find a solution or find out the cause of this problem.

• First, the temperature of the CPU in stability is between 54-57. Is this normal?
  • Second, and more importantly, my device is specially for the games, although I can not play it and the reason is after playing for two minutes the device freezes and produces a loud noise from the speakers, forcing me to press the shutdown button.
The sound problem I knew was caused by when the device is freezes the realtek audio drive is malfunctioning, I disabled its drive driver and tried again.
The same problem occurred, but this time without any noise.
And the temperature of the device during game play is high while the fan operates at its maximum power as noted.

I bought my device from about 9 months ago and this problem I encountered from the beginning, and I kept in contact with the manufacturer (HP), they tried to find solutions but they could not solve anything. They asked me to send the device to them to look for the cause of the CPU temperature and the freezing of the device and the fan check if it works normally, in the end they found that there was a system error and was not installed properly so they re-installed it as they claimed and said the problem was solved and sent back to me, so I tried it again but the same problem happened.

The device specifications:

My Device Is HP omen 17-an128nf

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz
Manufacturer: Intel
Speed: 4.1 GHz
Number of Cores: 12
RAM:12 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Dedicated Memory: 8.0 GB
Total Memory: 14 GB
Operating System: Windows 10 (64-bit)

Picture of some statistics while the problem is occurring : The Picture .

May 10, 2019
Ur cpu is highly overheat dont turn ur pc on anymore u need to reseat your cooler you are going straight through all temp roofs! Since when is this? Seems like paste, cooler, dust, no airflow, broken fan, so A definite cooling problem. I hate hp lol they r such rip offs anyway.

Are you comfortable opening your case or know someone?

Its probably a very easy fix as i clearly can tell you overheat very bad. Whatever you do dont run your pc till the refit of the cooler, if you do so on this heat you might damage your parts.

Cant believe they reinstalled a what program or software?? A system error on 99 degrees?? If by that they mean the temps are not reading well that might be fixable with a bios update. In that case your lucky. From what i read your temps are too high, your idle too!

Last edited:
Reactions: ahmadberry
May 11, 2019
Ur cpu is highly overheat dont turn ur pc on anymore u need to reseat your cooler you are going straight through all temp roofs! Since when is this? Seems like paste, cooler, dust, no airflow, broken fan, so A definite cooling problem. I hate hp lol they r such rip offs anyway.

Are you comfortable opening your case or know someone?

Its probably a very easy fix as i clearly can tell you overheat very bad. Whatever you do dont run your pc till the refit of the cooler, if you do so on this heat you might damage your parts.

Cant believe they reinstalled a what program or software?? A system error on 99 degrees?? If by that they mean the temps are not reading well that might be fixable with a bios update. In that case your lucky. From what i read your temps are too high, your idle too!

Fans operate and the air flows naturally and the device is still new and clean!
Yes I regretted buying it and as I said maybe there is a bug in the distribution of tasks for Fan
But when the Temp up and the device freeze and after the shutdown, I tried to restart it, but I was not allowed to operate until the Temp went down, that means the heat sensor works

May 10, 2019
well from what I have seen the CPU cooler is not working as Goildzy said needs fixing or new cooler.
Where do you see that is the hp ep not a cpu fan directly on the cpu cooler?

If your cooler doesnt work replacing it will be super cheap. Might wanna refit all the connectors first maybe?

May 11, 2019
Where do you see that is the hp ep not a cpu fan directly on the cpu cooler?

If your cooler doesnt work replacing it will be super cheap. Might wanna refit all the connectors first maybe?

How do I check the cooler in your opinion?
I watched the fan work on the hwinfo program and its speed was unstable until it reached a maximum of 37 rpm and a minimum of 144 rpm but I did not check again and I do not know how accurate the program is

Check it : Picture

May 10, 2019
If you can open the side of your case, look at your cpu fan. Turn pc on for 2 min. See if fan boot up when u press the power button. You can do all this without professional help. When it does not go and spin turn your pc off. Now follow a little wire going from your cooler fan to your motherboard, its a connector plug you can carefully (needs a tight pulk sometime) take it of the pins and refit it the same way. If you feel uncomfortable with that you can push on the connector to make sure it fits all the way. If you see alot of dust clean it carefully (using a soft unused paintbrush is good tool). Now also check if your cooler is lifted up a little, intel coolers are fit with plastic horrible pins (that i gladly break for no reason), anyway the cooler might have popped out of one of the holes making it fit bad (but most likely a loose element causes no boots at all or a quick fail) just double check. It also would not hurt to just clean dust in general, and push a little on the connectors that go in the parts everywhere just to tighten a lil.

But for the side panel take off, look at cpu fan spin when press pc on, i would trust me 5 year old niece on that. (supervised tho :p)

Reactions: ahmadberry
May 11, 2019
If you can open the side of your case, look at your cpu fan. Turn pc on for 2 min. See if fan boot up when u press the power button. You can do all this without professional help. When it does not go and spin turn your pc off. Now follow a little wire going from your cooler fan to your motherboard, its a connector plug you can carefully (needs a tight pulk sometime) take it of the pins and refit it the same way. If you feel uncomfortable with that you can push on the connector to make sure it fits all the way. If you see alot of dust clean it carefully (using a soft unused paintbrush is good tool). Now also check if your cooler is lifted up a little, intel coolers are fit with plastic horrible pins (that i gladly break for no reason), anyway the cooler might have popped out of one of the holes making it fit bad (but most likely a loose element causes no boots at all or a quick fail) just double check. It also would not hurt to just clean dust in general, and push a little on the connectors that go in the parts everywhere just to tighten a lil.

But for the side panel take off, look at cpu fan spin when press pc on, i would trust me 5 year old niece on that. (supervised tho :p)

Hahahaha :ROFLMAO:, okay, I do not mind trying it, and pray for me not to cause additional problems.

Reactions: Goildzy
May 10, 2019
Hey you guys talking about taking the side panel off ---- this device is a laptop --- just so you know - - lol
Lol indeed never bothered to look. Anyway in that case dont temper as plastic might break with no experience. Let someone CLEAN or look at your fans you probably have 2 of them. Do you have a picture of the devices down side?