My i7 6700k is running slow, high load, and high temp 85-90C

notsofast307

Prominent
Jun 2, 2018
This morning our power was shut off due to a thunderstorm when I was in the middle of a game. My computer shut down and immediately unplugged my surge protector that my computer was plugged into. I decided to clean out my computer since I had nothing else to do and blew it out with compressed air and held the fans in place. Plugged it back in when the power came up and started to play a game which I normally get 200 fps on, I now get 40 fps, high load, and temps of 85-90C with all the fans spinning.

CPU - i7-6700K
CPU Cooler - H100IGTX
GPU - GTX 980
MOBO - GA-Z170XP-SLI
RAM - 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaw

Update: computer started running like normal again for no apparent reason and pretended like nothing happended

Are all the fans spinning? Did you hold the fans when you blew air through them? (you need to since a spinning fan is an electrical generator and frying a board or part of a board is easy if the fan is left to spin fast) What are you GPU/CPU percentage when playing a game?

notsofast307

Prominent
Jun 2, 2018

My computer just stopped running so high and returned back to normal and is acting like nothing ever happened now.