[SOLVED] My ISP doesn't work with a certain game.

Nov 3, 2020
My friends and I are a group of 8, and we play Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 Siege together. Out of the 8, 2 of us have the same ISP which is GLOBE, an ISP from the Philippines. Us 2 are the only ones unable to connect to the game which led us to believe that the issue is caused by our ISP. The only workaround we've found was using a VPN but our pings were very high and buying a "good quality" VPN is currently not available for me. My friend and I were able to play the game normally until 2 weeks ago. Every other game works but for some reason Siege is the only one I can't connect to. I've given the game access to in the firewall and I have also flushed my DNS but nothing seems to work. How can I fix this?

Solution
My friends and I are a group of 8, and we play Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 Siege together. Out of the 8, 2 of us have the same ISP which is GLOBE, an ISP from the Philippines. Us 2 are the only ones unable to connect to the game which led us to believe that the issue is caused by our ISP. The only workaround we've found was using a VPN but our pings were very high and buying a "good quality" VPN is currently not available for me. My friend and I were able to play the game normally until 2 weeks ago. Every other game works but for some reason Siege is the only one I can't connect to. I've given the game access to the firewall and I have also flushed my DNS but nothing seems to work. How can I fix this?
Try one of these options:
1-...

xenthia

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2012
My friends and I are a group of 8, and we play Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 Siege together. Out of the 8, 2 of us have the same ISP which is GLOBE, an ISP from the Philippines. Us 2 are the only ones unable to connect to the game which led us to believe that the issue is caused by our ISP. The only workaround we've found was using a VPN but our pings were very high and buying a "good quality" VPN is currently not available for me. My friend and I were able to play the game normally until 2 weeks ago. Every other game works but for some reason Siege is the only one I can't connect to. I've given the game access to the firewall and I have also flushed my DNS but nothing seems to work. How can I fix this?
Try one of these options:
1- Ask your other friends whose ISPs have not problem with the game to set up either a tiny proxy server or a vpn server just for you two on their machines and then forward your traffic through the proxy they have setup for you, this normally should not drop the ping very dramatically. But it is much better to ask two different people to run two different proxies for you two so that the two of you would not connect to the same guy dropping your speeds.

2- Many ISPs usually do some DNS inspection and due to some reasons block certain IPs OR the game servers themselves block certain IP ranges (like your ISPs range) because of some previous huge like DDOS attack or something. If it is the first one using a dns encryption solution like dnscrypt would totally solve your problem
but if the game servers have blocked your IP there is not much you can do but using proxies.

3- The best approach is to contact both the ISP and the Game manufacturer to check for where the problem is.

4- You can simply buy a relatively cheap VPS server somewhere with reasonable prices, share it between the two of yourselves, and both connect to it. You can probably find very high speed VPS server in your own country with good prices so that both of you can use it for VPN and proxy and stuff.

Solution