my laptop cant find my home wifi while others can

Status
Not open for further replies.

numnam

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013
Hello. So one day my father accidentally pull off the switch of the wifi. So then he plugged it back it. But then I realize that my computer ( Windows 8 ) ( HP Pavilion g4) cant even find my home wifi. But it detects my neighbour's wifi which I never even see before. But my siblings can connect as usual. Please help because I have searched this forum and I really cant find the solution.

MrOddBall

Reputable
Mar 11, 2014

Hello,

I have the same issue. Last onth, I could fix it by simply changing my router's SSID but now it just cannot find my wifi anymore but can find any other wifi...

Restarting definitely doesn't solve anything.

Pooneil

Honorable
Apr 15, 2013
I would install inSSIDer and have it scan the WiFi. The program can do a lot of diagnostics such as check for other access points in the area that can be interfering. If you have a tablet or smart phone, you can install it on one of those too.

Other options are to change the channel or delete the WiFi connection in Windows and try to reestablish either automatically or manually by entering the SSID.

oldfrontosa

Reputable
Jul 17, 2014
This problem has got nothing to do with your drivers or Windows or your hardware. It is a bug of the Chrome web browser. Go to your System Tray, on the right hand side you will see a tiny Chrome icon. It maybe in your hidden icons. Click on it and uncheck the "Let Google Chrome run in the background" box. This action will solve your problem completely.

oldfrontosa

Reputable
Jul 17, 2014
This problem has got nothing to do with your drivers or Windows or your hardware. It is a bug of the Chrome web browser. Go to your System Tray, on the right hand side you will see a tiny Chrome icon. It maybe in your hidden icons. Click on it and uncheck the "Let Google Chrome run in the background" box. This action will solve your problem completely.

Jhaymhark

Reputable
Aug 19, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.