Question My laptop does not detect dedicated Radeon 540X GPU ?

Jun 22, 2023
İm new to forum so i can't find out how to upload images.

My laptop is Acer Aspire A315-43G. It has two GPUs. Vega 8 iGPU and a dedicated Radeon 540X. I can't use the Radeon one because my laptop doesn't recognise it. It doesn't even show up in Device Manager. I did a few things but it still didn't detect it. it detects it occasionally but not again the next day.
I've been dealing with this problem for 3 months.

The things I tried:

• Uninstalling the drivers with DDU then reinstalling (it only works when it detects it. But most of the time the laptop pretends the radeon 540x isn't there)
  • Turning Off Windows Update
  • Uninstalling updates

I always download the latest version of the driver anyway.

I opened a topic in a few forums before, but either what I did was recommended or my problem was not understood. The laptop is acting like the radeon 540x isn't there. I'm waiting for your suggestions. Have a nice day

Jun 22, 2023
Is the dGPU enabled in BIOS settings ? Is your Laptop's BIOS also up to date ? Always download drivers/firmware from the OEM's support page, which is Acer in your case.

After i download Acer Care Center the problem is gone. But it may be temporary. the problem is solved or not will be revealed tomorrow.Thank you for your reply.

Jun 22, 2023
After i download Acer Care Center the problem is gone. But it may be temporary. the problem is solved or not will be revealed tomorrow.Thank you for your reply.
Is the dGPU enabled in BIOS settings ? Is your Laptop's BIOS also up to date ? Always download drivers/firmware from the OEM's support page, which is Acer in your case.
When I turned the computer back on, I saw that the problem persisted. Not Detected Even In Acer Care Center.when i try to update the bios it gives the following error: the version of rom file is the same as that of bios