[SOLVED] My laptop won't run games unless it's connected to the TV.

Apr 2, 2020
My laptop can play ANY new game on the market. But only when connected to a TV through an hdmi.
When it is not connected by an hdmi it can't run even the most simplest of games.
I need someone who is a bit more experienced with computers than i am to solve this as i am unable to google a solution to the problem.
It also works to plug my computer up with a tv when i start a game and then remove the hdmi after the game has started which makes it clear to me that it CAN work without an hdmi. It just refuses to.

My specs are:
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750h CPU 2.20GHz
RAM 32.0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Stanard resolution of 1920 x 1080
Windows 10

Similar to this one, but slightly better: https://www.power.no/data-og-tilbeh...Vi7YYCh3qYwjPEAQYByABEgIx4fD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

PS: Sorry for the Norwegian link. Couldn't find anything in English that was easily accessible.

Solution
I don't know what "integrated graphics" are or how to change it, but i did go into Widows power plan and saw it was already on High Performance. The graphics driver is other updates were installed as well.
Integrated graphics are built into the cpu. They are very weak compared to your main gpu but also use a lot less power and produce minimal heat. The laptop is supposed to automatically switch between integrated and dedicated graphics when required.

If all drivers and other updates are up to date I’d try contacting ASUS support and looking at ASUS forums. It’s possible this is a common problem and there might be a known fix.
Is this with the laptop plugged into the mains? It sounds like it is staying on integrated graphics unless you use HDMI. Also try setting the Windows power plan to High Performance.

You should also make sure your graphics driver and all laptop updates are installed.

Apr 2, 2020
Is this with the laptop plugged into the mains? It sounds like it is staying on integrated graphics unless you use HDMI. Also try setting the Windows power plan to High Performance.

You should also make sure your graphics driver and all laptop updates are installed.

I don't know what "integrated graphics" are or how to change it, but i did go into Widows power plan and saw it was already on High Performance. The graphics driver is other updates were installed as well.

Integrated graphics are built into the cpu. They are very weak compared to your main gpu but also use a lot less power and produce minimal heat. The laptop is supposed to automatically switch between integrated and dedicated graphics when required.

If all drivers and other updates are up to date I’d try contacting ASUS support and looking at ASUS forums. It’s possible this is a common problem and there might be a known fix.

Solution