Question My laptop's performance is extremely lower than expected, for the components that it has

Oct 14, 2021
(I'm new to the forum so i don't know if this is the right area to ask about this problem)

My ThinkPad T15 gen2 laptop is literally new, just produced, and has these components:

-11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1165G7 @ (from base 2.80 GHz to 4.80gHz), 4 cores, 8 threads;
-Integrated GPU intel iris xe;
-23.7 usable Gb out of 24Gb of RAM;
-1Tb SSD memory;
-Non-activated windows 10 Home (I had to save money on this, the pc was already going to cost too much for me);
-The latest drivers, accordingly to what my system says.

I've watched some videos online about computers featuring the same components and their performances were so much better than what I'm experiencing, they were even playing the same games as I do.
Even when there are no other softwares running, I'm connected to the LAN cable and power (settings on max consume for max performance too) I experience huge drops in FPS, plus, my graphic card is always at 100% usage (understandable, since it's not that powerful) but my CPU keeps staying under 40% and between 2.50 to 3.80 Ghz, with peaks of 4.90 (just minecraft keeps it at 100% all the time).

I don't really know what to do because I've corrected and verified everything that's usually could be the cause of my problem, if you need more info feel free to ask.

Thank you

Edit 1: I left task manager open after checking the info, and I noticed that just closing the broswer and moving a window around the screen sent the GPU's usage to 100%, is that normal?

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2021
where did you get the windows 10 installation media?
install all the driver from Lenovo for your laptop?
I got the official installation tool from microsoft's website.
The drivers were already there after I've installed windows 10, I did not touch them because the system says they're the latest ones.