Question My left arrow key and numpad 6 doesn't work

May 30, 2019
My left arrow key doesn't work and so does my Numpad 6 (also acts as a left arrow key) but it starts working only when I press num lock so I think I pressed some key combination accidentally which somehow disables the left arrow key BUT I AM NOT SURE, also tried keyboardtester.com and it shows that it triggers but doesn't make a sound at all but every key does make a click sound. ALSO tried the on-screen keyboard and tried pressing the left arrow key on that and it shows that I click it but nothing happens
please if you know anything then just tell me anything would be appreciated.
(on an external keyboard and a desktop pc)

Hard to say since you gave no details about your system. If it's a desktop, you can just replace the keyboard with an inexpensive new one. If it's a laptop, it gets more complicated. In any case you can plug in a USB keyboard and see if that works; that'll make sure it's not a software problem.

Keyboards wear out, sometimes due to the plastic key matrix cracking. The easiest fix is buy a new keyboard. If you want to try and fix it, you need to disassemble the keyboard, clean out the crumbs and check the condition of the matrix. This link shows a cleaning process without cracking the keyboard case. https://www.howtogeek.com/65073/how-to-thoroughly-clean-your-keyboard-without-breaking-anything/ this shows what may be the the dirtiest keyboard ever seen.

I would still recommend checking the matrix first, as the best job cleaning won't fix a cracked matrix.