Question My M.2 Hard drive keeps disappearing

Jul 23, 2019
I have built a new Ryzen 3900x system which runs beautifully, excepting the M.2 drive keeps disappearing. I hav a western digital nvme/pcle m.2 as the only hard drive and about four times now I’ve ended up back in the UEFI Bios at boot because it doesn’t see the hard drive, I think because one utility or another “updates” the board controllers/ATA/ATAPI and that causes the m.2 drive to disappear for whatever reason. Is there a permanent fix here, because I keep ending up in the bios with no bootable drives...

Jul 23, 2019
It only happens when you boot or reboot, the updated controllers cause the board to not even see the m.2 Hard drive, which is the WD Pcle type. It’s a ROG Strix Gaming motherboard released just a couple weeks ago to carry the new 3900 processor. No BIOS update available. 16 megs hyperx ram.

Jul 23, 2019
Ok so I got booted so I can expolain a bit more in depth.
Built a new gaming PC myself; the only hard disk is the 1TB WD M.2 drive. Everything went fine for quite some time, up and running, windows on, no issues. I go about updating drivers and controllers for everything, and the system hangs, have to restore.
The updating of the "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers caused the mother board not to see the m.2 drive at all and I'd have to go back through boot media.
So I decided not to update those and just let them sit, yesterday left the PC running at night, woke up this morning to system hibernating, no response to mouse/keyboard input so rebooted and bios loads - no m.2 drive found, no bootable devices at all.
So I go back to the USB and try to restore from an old point to try to get it to boot and it cant even do that because it sees no version of windows to restore.
So after several more resets, I shut it entirely off and turned it back on, and it decided to load.
But I suppose to generalize, there seems to be a real issue with the m.2 hard drive being recognized and was wondering if there is any sort of known long term fix.
For now going ot buy another small non m.2 SATA and put the OS on that to prevent the iossue I suppose.