Question My microphone mutes itself when I use multimedia keys on external keboard

Jan 26, 2020
My laptop is a Lenovo Ideapad 100-15ibd and I have an external keyboard from Genesis and my operating system is windows 10 pro 1909.
Whenever I use any multimedia key on the external keyboard (FN+F1-12) the microphone mutes itself. If I do the same combination on my laptop's keyboard it doesn't mute it.
I have tried updating widows, the audio drivers, there is nothing to download on genesis's website and even reinstalled windows. I use the internal microphone.
Thanks in advance!

My laptop is a Lenovo Ideapad 100-15ibd and I have an external keyboard from Genesis and my operating system is windows 10 pro 1909.
Whenever I use any multimedia key on the external keyboard (FN+F1-12) the microphone mutes itself. If I do the same combination on my laptop's keyboard it doesn't mute it.
I have tried updating widows, the audio drivers, there is nothing to download on genesis's website and even reinstalled windows. I use the internal microphone.
Thanks in advance!
Pressing FN+F1 mutes the audio on Ideapad 100 series laptop.
If you add any other key after pressing FN+F1 the audio might still be muted.

You could disable function keys in the BIOS
Select Hotkey Mode and set to Disabled.
Save and Exit the BIOS menu by pressing F10 and then Enter.

Jan 26, 2020
Pressing FN+F1 mutes the audio on Ideapad 100 series laptop.
If you add any other key after pressing FN+F1 the audio might still be muted.

You could disable function keys in the BIOS
Select Hotkey Mode and set to Disabled.
Save and Exit the BIOS menu by pressing F10 and then Enter.
I already had Hotkey Mode disabled, but I also tried it with it enabled and the problem still persists