Question My Monitor won't display anything except for in certain conditions, Why?

Aug 1, 2021
Recently, I started to upgrade pc parts because its been a while since the last time I truly did. I intended to upgrade only what I wanted to and keep working parts, but when I finally got the parts and installed them my pc only works in certain conditions. For example, depending what slot I put my two ram cards in either the pc displays something on my monitor or not. If the two slots closest to the cpu have the ram in them, then pc will turn on and get to my desktop as long as the external power on my gpu is unplugged. The ram cards I own have lights on them, which turn on no matter what slot they are in. Basically, unless the ram are in those two slots or there is only one in either of those slots and the gpu is unplugged I can get to my desktop. Also, as soon as I plug in my external gpu power, the placement of ram doesn't matter because nothing displays on my monitor.

When it comes to my parts, I upgraded my motherboard, cpu, and bought some new storage. My ram is also relatively new, since I bought it within the past year, and they both work according to my tests. Other than that, I have had my current gpu, power supply, monitor, and any other parts since my original build 5 years ago. All my parts do turn on and seem to be working as far as I can tell. This new MB also has lights on it to indicate when there could be a problem with certain parts. These lights stay off with the working combination, but turn on in other configurations. Usually, it is the ram light that turns on. This sometimes flashes between that light and the cpu one. I've tried different stuff like resetting the bios to see if that would change anything, but it did nothing. I also want to add any simple fixes, like see if different slots work or not, I have already tried. Also, just by looking at the pc, it is clear all the parts turn on, but it doesn't display on the monitor when they are all plugged in.

I use pcpartpicker to pick out my parts and make sure things work. Here is a link to all the current parts I am trying to use so people can do there best to say what the issue is. I have an idea, but I want to get second opinions or fixes before I start spending any money if needed.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fpkWkX

Recently, I started to upgrade pc parts because its been a while since the last time I truly did. I intended to upgrade only what I wanted to and keep working parts, but when I finally got the parts and installed them my pc only works in certain conditions. For example, depending what slot I put my two ram cards in either the pc displays something on my monitor or not. If the two slots closest to the cpu have the ram in them, then pc will turn on and get to my desktop as long as the external power on my gpu is unplugged. The ram cards I own have lights on them, which turn on no matter what slot they are in. Basically, unless the ram are in those two slots or there is only one in either of those slots and the gpu is unplugged I can get to my desktop. Also, as soon as I plug in my external gpu power, the placement of ram doesn't matter because nothing displays on my monitor.

When it comes to my parts, I upgraded my motherboard, cpu, and bought some new storage. My ram is also relatively new, since I bought it within the past year, and they both work according to my tests. Other than that, I have had my current gpu, power supply, monitor, and any other parts since my original build 5 years ago. All my parts do turn on and seem to be working as far as I can tell. This new MB also has lights on it to indicate when there could be a problem with certain parts. These lights stay off with the working combination, but turn on in other configurations. Usually, it is the ram light that turns on. This sometimes flashes between that light and the cpu one. I've tried different stuff like resetting the bios to see if that would change anything, but it did nothing. I also want to add any simple fixes, like see if different slots work or not, I have already tried. Also, just by looking at the pc, it is clear all the parts turn on, but it doesn't display on the monitor when they are all plugged in.

I use pcpartpicker to pick out my parts and make sure things work. Here is a link to all the current parts I am trying to use so people can do there best to say what the issue is. I have an idea, but I want to get second opinions or fixes before I start spending any money if needed.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fpkWkX
Check your MB's manual, most modern MBs have certain slots that have to be populated in exact order (Mostly A2 and B2 slots) without which there's no boot or picture.

Aug 1, 2021
Check your MB's manual, most modern MBs have certain slots that have to be populated in exact order (Mostly A2 and B2 slots) without which there's no boot or picture.
That's one of the many things I was aware of when putting in the parts, but I checked it anyways before making this post. The Manual wants me to put it in the second and fourth slot, assuming the first is the one closest to the cpu, but there is no display. Like I said it only displays something when there is a ram card in one of the first two slots. When I do that, however, a message pops up before it boots to windows. It states that my ram cards aren't in their optimal slots, referencing that the card in the first slot needs to be moved to the fourth. When I do this, like already stated, it doesn't work. There is even a bit of text on the board telling you which slots to fill first, but following it, that doesn't lead to the display(my monitor) recognizing the computer is on. If I turn the monitor on myself, it just says no signal and turns to its sleep mode. That's what happen when the cards are anywhere but the first two slots. Also this only happens when my gpu is unplugged. Otherwise the ram combination doesn't matter because it doesn't boot anyways.