Question My motherboard doesn't work with AMD cards.

Aug 11, 2024
Hi everyone. Today while I was replacing my i5 4690k CPU fan in my Asus H81m-e , when I started it again it wouldn't boot with my Rx 560 ,then my rx580 ,the r9 270 and hd 6950 none of them boot , then I tried a low profile Nvidia one and it worked then tried gtx 750 also worked , the AMD's where working fine before but now they only work in other PC's. I've removed battery, reset CMOS/dram. And nothing seems to work. Anyone has any other solution?

Imperat0r

Proper
Apr 19, 2024
Based on what you described earlier, those AMD cards needs an extra connector 6 pins.
Your Nvidia low profile doesn't need any additional power so that was the cause that allowed your system to boot up.
As @COLGeek asked earlier it is adviced to inform us about your PSU make and model.
We suspect the PSU or the PCIe cable from PSU

Imperat0r

Proper
Apr 19, 2024
Well, as i said, at the moment you use a video card that does not need an external power connector.
Being a single-slot card, the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 does not require any additional power connector, its power draw is rated at 55 W maximum.

So, we can come to the conclusion that the PSU have some problems, or at least the PCIe connector does have some problems.

Aug 11, 2024
Based on what you described earlier, those AMD cards needs an extra connector 6 pins.
Your Nvidia low profile doesn't need any additional power so that was the cause that allowed your system to boot up.
As @COLGeek asked earlier it is adviced to inform us about your PSU make and model.
We suspect the PSU or the PCIe cable from PSU
Hi, yes my Antec true power 550w has those pins the rx580 uses 8 not 6 and was working fine before. I swapped too rx560 low profile because of a rattled fan. The rx560 doesn't need the extra power. And works fine with a random Dell on other pc. This only happened after replacing the cpu
Well, as i said, at the moment you use a video card that does not need an external power connector.
Being a single-slot card, the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 does not require any additional power connector, its power draw is rated at 55 W maximum.

So, we can come to the conclusion that the PSU have some problems, or at least the PCIe connector does have some problems.
The rx560 also does not use an external power connector it's a low profile card. But I'll try the PSU on the dell pc just to be sure. Thanks

Aug 11, 2024

The rx 560 does not have a 6 pin connector I tried the psu on my Dell pc with the rx560 and worked fine even playing game in my regular rig doesn't even post so PSU is fine

Aug 11, 2024
How old is that PSU? PSUs do degrade over time. This really does sound like a power issue in regards to all those GPUs (assuming they work).
I have had for a few years but didn't use it for most of my ownership, only recently started using again and tried on another rig with same graphics card and worked fine also tried with an r7 250 also low profile also didn't work only doesn't work with AMD