Question My motherboard may have died

Jan 7, 2024
I was watching videos when my computer turned off, I tried to turn it on but nothing so I disassembled it and reassembled it, it gave some signs of life for a few seconds in the bios and then it turned off. I disassembled the whole board and poured isopropyl alcohol on it and rubbed it without too much force with an antistatic brush and left the motherboard to rest for a day.

I tested the motherboard again today but without any success, the motherboard's LEDs light up but not even the cooler turns on, I tested it with another processor that I have (Ryzen 5 2600), and other memories (Asgard) and it didn't turn on at all, I even connected no components to it to see if its Qled would indicate that it doesn't have a processor but nothing.

Could it be that rewriting the bios via the rear button will bring it back? I already had a similar incident at the beginning of the year, which was due to too much humidity and it came back after a few days, lasting until this Monday

My Specs:

Ryzen 9 5950x
Asus ROG Strix B550-F
Crucial Ballistix 4x16 3200 mhz
Asus TUF RTX 3070
XPG Core Reactor 850W

I was watching videos when my computer turned off, I tried to turn it on but nothing so I disassembled it and reassembled it, it gave some signs of life for a few seconds in the bios and then it turned off. I disassembled the whole board and poured isopropyl alcohol on it and rubbed it without too much force with an antistatic brush and left the motherboard to rest for a day.

I tested the motherboard again today but without any success, the motherboard's LEDs light up but not even the cooler turns on, I tested it with another processor that I have (Ryzen 5 2600), and other memories (Asgard) and it didn't turn on at all, I even connected no components to it to see if its Qled would indicate that it doesn't have a processor but nothing.

Could it be that rewriting the bios via the rear button will bring it back? I already had a similar incident at the beginning of the year, which was due to too much humidity and it came back after a few days, lasting until this Monday

My Specs:

Ryzen 9 5950x
Asus ROG Strix B550-F
Crucial Ballistix 4x16 3200 mhz
Asus TUF RTX 3070
XPG Core Reactor 850W
You went overboard with your troubleshooting. Should have started with checking PSU first. Why wash MB ? No amount of dirt would stop it from working, To restore BIOS, MB and PSU would have to be in working order.

Jan 7, 2024
You went overboard with your troubleshooting. Should have started with checking PSU first. Why wash MB ? No amount of dirt would stop it from working, To restore BIOS, MB and PSU would have to be in working order.
I had already tested it with another PSU and the problem persisted. It still doesn't show any signs with another PSU, another processor, another memory. The only sign that it's alive is that there's power flowing through it, so much so that only its LED is on.

And I cleaned the MB because I thought it might be moisture, like the other time I left it idle for a few days and it came back.

Ralston18

Titan
Check the wall outlet providing power to the computer.

Test the computer using another wall outlet on a different circuit.

Also remove any interim electrical components or connections: power strips, surge protectors, extension cords, etc..