bariluto3

Commendable
Jan 17, 2018
System stats:

Ryzen 5 1600

MSI B350 PC MATE

16GB RAM corsair vengeance LPX

corsair 550W PSU

My main graphic card is the 1050 TI, but my friend gave me a MSI 1070 Gaming x 8GB that doesnt work. he used it for a short time then it broke. so he gave me it and if i can fix it i can keep.

I did some troubleshoot but didn't came far. when i put the 1070 in and start the computer it gives 3 beeps and then won't boot and just stays on. the 1070 gets warmer overtime and the LEDs work if i keep the system running but more wont happen. i tried putting a VGA and then a HDMI in my motherboard but nothing comes on screen.

So I'm asking here if you guys maybe know a fix. or if you need more information please let me know.

Solution
You can't fix it if you cannot see any visual indications of the problem -- any defects on the PCIe pins or PCIe power connectors, broken connections on the face of the card, burned looking areas? I would not be running that in anything other than one of my old test bed motherboards, as not to damage your gear.

RealBeast

Titan
You can't fix it if you cannot see any visual indications of the problem -- any defects on the PCIe pins or PCIe power connectors, broken connections on the face of the card, burned looking areas? I would not be running that in anything other than one of my old test bed motherboards, as not to damage your gear.

Solution