Dec 11, 2020
Hello everyone,

I'm building a PC with the following new components:
  • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Aorus X570 Elite
  • Kingston Fury 2x8GB
  • RTX 3080
  • Corsair RM750

I've connected the PSU to the MB (RAM and CPU included) with the ATX and CPU pins, and also the graphics card with its power cables to the PSU. The problem is that I can't see anything when I switch on the system, nor the BIOS. It seems that there is electricity in the system, since the fans of the CPU, graphics card and MB turn on, and also I've been able to charge the mobile through a USB of the MB.
I ruled out a problem of PSU because I have tried another one that I have and the same thing happens, the same for the hdmi cable and the monitor, since I have tried different ones and everything remains the same. I've also tried to restart the bios, removing the MB battery, and nothing happens.

I need help as i'm running out of ideas.

Thank you all.

Solution
update the BIOS of the motherboard using q-flash plus feature of your motherboard

download the latest BIOS, rename to GIGABYTE.bin and copy it to a fat32 formatted USB flash drive, then plug it into the BIOS USB port of the motherboard connect the power cables 24pin and 8pin to the motherboard
press the q-flash plus button and wait for the LED to not flashing anymore
https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/X570-AORUS-ELITE-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

"With GIGABYTE Q-Flash Plus, you don’t need to install the CPU, memory and graphics card nor enter the BIOS menu to flash the BIOS. Just download and save a new BIOS file (rename to gigabyte.bin) on the USB flash drive, then press the dedicated Q-Flash Plus button and you’re good...
Are you sure you are plugging your HDMI cable into the HDMI outputs on the graphics card rather than the motherboard?

Do you have any idea what BIOS version your motherboard has, check the box it came it, because there are likely a LOT of X570 boards that do not have new enough BIOS versions to support the 5000 series CPUs. Unfortunately, if that's the case, you are going to need either an older CPU to update it with, or you'll need to take it to a shop that can update it for you.

Reactions: petisuis
update the BIOS of the motherboard using q-flash plus feature of your motherboard

download the latest BIOS, rename to GIGABYTE.bin and copy it to a fat32 formatted USB flash drive, then plug it into the BIOS USB port of the motherboard connect the power cables 24pin and 8pin to the motherboard
press the q-flash plus button and wait for the LED to not flashing anymore
https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/X570-AORUS-ELITE-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

"With GIGABYTE Q-Flash Plus, you don’t need to install the CPU, memory and graphics card nor enter the BIOS menu to flash the BIOS. Just download and save a new BIOS file (rename to gigabyte.bin) on the USB flash drive, then press the dedicated Q-Flash Plus button and you’re good to go! "
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9uGfIFufZI

Reactions: petisuis
Solution