Question My new Ryzen 5 2600 perfoms way below expectations

Feb 22, 2019
Hello, recently I buyed new PC. When i ran UserBenchmark my CPU results were way below expectations.
My specifications are:

Ryzen 5 2600
GTX 1060 3gb
8 GB DDR4 2400mhz
PSU: 550w
Asrock A320M-HDV R3.0

Can you please help me ?
P.S. Sorry for bad english ;)

boju

Titan
Ambassador
What are your temps like? How's your case air flow?

Is the operating system assuming Win10 a fresh install?

Have you tried adjusting Windows power plan to favour high performance?

Ryzen does benefit from higher speed ram so there is bit of loss performance with 2400MHz compared to 3000/3200 and even less performance if your 8GB memory is a single stick of ram in single channel. 2x 8GB in dual channel is much faster.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Cpu will warm up when playing games, thats normal. According to your screenshot your cpu is running at 40.88c. If that is idle temp, is kinda on the warmer side but not serious. Can expect those temps using the stock cooler. If cpu temp reaches in the 90s while playing games then that is bad. The cpu will begin to throttle decreasing speed to help cool itself.

I don't think your cpu is overheating. Id say your system is underperforming because of memory capacity and speed. I suggest you take it back to the pc store and have them check it over (just incase) and put in 2x 8GB 3000 or 3200MHz memory.

jitendrad

Notable
Dec 28, 2018
Hello, recently I buyed new PC. When i ran UserBenchmark my CPU results were way below expectations.
My specifications are:

Ryzen 5 2600
GTX 1060 3gb
8 GB DDR4 2400mhz
PSU: 550w
Asrock A320M-HDV R3.0

Can you please help me ?
P.S. Sorry for bad english ;)
Its because of your RAM, Ryzen takes full advantage of higher frequency RAM , also dual channel RAM gives little boost to performance. To get a better performance from ryzen you need to upgrade your RAM to higher frequency RAM with dual stick

Feb 22, 2019
Thank you for the help. Beacuse when i saw UserBenchmark for Ryzen 5 2600 it was all like 88% rating. As the time passes i will upgrade my ram do 16gb 2 sticks and i will upgrade my cooler. Sorry for bad grammar. One more question, I payed 700 euros for this PC, is that to much or is it good for this components ?

korv

Notable
Dec 26, 2018
Thank you for the help. Beacuse when i saw UserBenchmark for Ryzen 5 2600 it was all like 88% rating. As the time passes i will upgrade my ram do 16gb 2 sticks and i will upgrade my cooler. Sorry for bad grammar. One more question, I payed 700 euros for this PC, is that to much or is it good for this components ?

700 is enough for a decent pc.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
700 isn't bad but with pre-builts you're not sure on the quality of components used.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor (€159.90 @ Alternate)
Motherboard: ASRock - A320M-HDV Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (€59.92 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory (€45.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6 GB GT OCV1 Video Card (€246.80 @ Alza)
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (€61.40 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Total: €574.01
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-22 11:44 CET+0100

Not including HDD/SSD or cost of Window and case. Looking at about €300 more.

Last edited:

korv

Notable
Dec 26, 2018
700 isn't bad but with pre-builts you're not sure on the quality of components used.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor (€159.90 @ Alternate)
Motherboard: ASRock - A320M-HDV Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (€59.92 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory (€45.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6 GB GT OCV1 Video Card (€246.80 @ Alza)
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (€61.40 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Total: €574.01
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-22 11:44 CET+0100

Not including HDD/SSD or cost of Window and case. Looking at about €300 more.

Windows doesn't really matter since you can get it for free. And a ssd or other kind of storage is a must for your system.

Edit: So, i'm guessing he bought a pre-built pc which could mean that he has cheap psu or other components.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Windows doesn't really matter since you can get it for free. And a ssd or other kind of storage is a must for your system.

Edit: So, i'm guessing he bought a pre-built pc which could mean that he has cheap psu or other components.

Yeah, i asked him earlier if it was a store bought and it looked like they said yes, 6th post down. I gave an estimated price with the components listed by the op not including storage, case, possibly monitor since they weren't mentioned and of course Windows would be included in the final price. 700€ isn't bad at all considering but there are question marks on the components used.

korv

Notable
Dec 26, 2018
This is brand new pc with:
Ryzen 5 2600
Gtx 1060 3gb
Ssd 240gb
Psu 550w
8 gb ddr4 ram
Ms aquarius
A320m hdv r3.0

Is 700€ too much?

No, it's not to much. Companys are know for using cheap components. Example: cheap power supply. That could be the reason why you'r getting low fps or something like that.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
It could be a combination of:

Running single channel RAM
Running slow-ish RAM
Using an A320 motherboard, which I think might limit frequency boosting. If you run Cinebench will 1 thread and all threads, what frequency does the CPU run at in each case? Don't use task manager to monitor frequency, use something like hwinfo64.

Cioby

Distinguished
I am running single channel ram. What is Cinebench ? And what about task manager? Can you explain to me. Sorry i am not that good at hardware.
google cinebench and download from the first link, the version for your PC, probably Windows 10 64bit.
Right click on your lower screen bar, and click task manager. Or Ctrl+Alt+Delete.

(I find it ironic that people only now mention you need better RAM for Ryzen, while usually they recommend it as better. )

It seems your GPU is mostly underperforming. You need to check your temperatures. Install MSI afterburner or EVGA precision (steam store free) and check your performance.
Also since this is new, did you install all your drivers? From your motherboard provider or the manufacturer of the pre-build, by using the exact model number on your case or receipt. For GPU you can just google Nvidia drivers, select your Windows version and the 1060 3GB and download the latest driver.
Reboot.
Benchmark again or play some games.