GPU: GTX 1660 SUPER 6GB
Storage: AORUS RGB M.2 NVMe SSD 512GB +2TB HDD
Ram: 32GB 2 x 16GB DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz
Power supply: 750W
Cooling: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240R RGB
Case: Cooler Master TD500

I use it for 3dmax and Vray render, my old pc was core i7 4 cores,16 GB ram
I expected a huge difference in performance but that barely happened

when I render the CPU temp instantly reach 95c and the clock barely passes the 2.3mhz mark, while the case itself is pretty cool from the outside
My zephyrus S 6cores laptop gives me better render performance with 77c CPU temp and almost 3mhz clock speed

when I got the component I had someone build it for me cause I don't know-how, after he built it but told me there was a problem with the water cooler remote control he didn't finish it cause the pins were missing but he said ''it will not affect the performance''

I'm not sure what is the problem, there's a fan in the back that i'm yet to buy, don't know how much difference it will make
and I'm not sure if the problem is with the build itself or the thermal paste or something else

how can I fix this?

Solution
As others wrote already, bad cooler (radiator and/or pump), bad AIO installation, cables not plugged in the right place, this sound like a AIO issue.

Udyr

Honorable
Mar 3, 2021
how can I fix it?
You'd need to remove the cooler (pump base located on top of the processor) and see if it still got a thin plastic layer that covers the copper plate. You could ask your friend if he/she recalls removing the cover before doing so and if he/she applied thermal paste before installing (if there was none pre-applied).

Mar 22, 2021
You'd need to remove the cooler (pump base located on top of the processor) and see if it still got a thin plastic layer that covers the copper plate. You could ask your friend if he/she recalls removing the cover before doing so and if he/she applied thermal paste before installing (if there was none pre-applied).
Okay will try this, thank you so much.

alexbirdie

Respectable
after he built it but told me there was a problem with the water cooler remote control he didn't finish it cause the pins were missing but he said ''it will not affect the performance''

What does this mean?

Perhaps a connection problem ( pump, fan etc.).

But hoping for you, that only AIO not installed properly and everthing else OK.

My 3950x reaches about 70 degree with AIDA64-system-stability-test. Gaming and working about 60-65 degree.

Udyr

Honorable
Mar 3, 2021
What does this mean?

My 3950x reaches about 70 degree with AIDA64-system-stability-test. Gaming and working about 60-65 degree.
Most likely the RGB controller had broken/bent pins, therefore the remote would not work.

Reactions: AlaaLU
Mar 22, 2021
What does this mean?

The remote controller is still unfinished and its wires have broken pins in them
someone told me also that the AIO might not be installed probably and I need to look for both manuals of the motherboard and the cooler to fix it.