[SOLVED] My Old Setup vs Ryzen 3 2200g

Jan 27, 2019
Hi to all.
Question is simple,is worth it this change?
i think i can sell my pc and put a couple of dls and get this new build.
OLD BUILD:
CPU: Q9550 3.4Ghz
Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-EP43-DS3R
Ram : 8GB Kingston 800 Mhz 4x 2GB
GPU : EVGA GTX 650 1GB
PSU: Antec 500P ( i will keep this and put a Mlogix 600 on this build to sell )
SSD: 120GB Kingston A400
Cooler: Titan Ttc-nh10tz 3000rpm 4 95W Quad cores.

And going to buy
AMD Ryzen 3 2200g
2x 4GB Crucial 2666mHz ballistix red
GIGABYTE AM4 GA-AX370 GAMING BOX ATX
SSD Adata 240GB

I can get this 4 300 USD and maybe i can sell my setup at 300 ( with too much lucky xD or maybe 280/260 )

Should i get better performance with this apu on Fortnite 1366x768 ( or 1024x768 ).
On my setup it works really good but i think frametimes is kinda unstable.
Plus question:
I can get
MOTHERBOARD MSI AM4 B450M PRO-M2 BOX M-ATX with +10 usd
or
MOTHERBOARD ASUS AM4 PRIME B450M-A BOX M-ATX with +14 usd

Wath MB should i buy ?
That x370 ver 1 is the cheapest with oc.

Solution
Not sure how much performance difference there would be between the various motherboards, the main distinguishing feature is mainly connectivity for normal usage. From the general reviews I've seen MSI are gaining a good reputation with their recent motherboards.

If the store cannot update the BIOS for the x370, there is the possibility of AMD's boot kit (not sure if they still offer it). Could check it out if expenditure is a concern.
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100
Should get a nice bump in performance CPU-wise which will help fps and frame times. Looks a bit more debatable on the graphics side, but I'm not overly certain.

Just a caution on the motherboard. The Gigabyte X370 one you chose may not have an updated BIOS to run the Ryzen 3 2200G out of the box and would require a BIOS update (needing a compatible CPU). The B450 options should run the 2200G out of the box.

Yes, that apu is worth it and will double your cpu performance and greatly improve gpu performance. It also has double the vram that can be assigned in the bios settings. I would suggest a 3000mhz 2x4gb ram kit to help integrated gpu performance since that ram is used for video memory and needs to be as fast as can be. In addition to better gpu performance, AMD Ryzen cpus perform best with fast ram due to the way the infinity fabric works within the cpu (complecated but take my word for it). Asus makes some very good motherboards but what motherboard you should pick depends on what you want to spend. I would get a b450 board since is supports the apu out of the box. X370 should work with bios update but you cant update the bios with an unsupported apu. Id spend $15 more for a nicer board like the asus b450 and get rid of the risk of an unsupported motherboard.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2019
Ty 4 the reply.
Yeah there is no problem to upgrade the bios of the x370..
i can tell the store and they do it.
But is worth it to put extra 15 usd to a mid range asus/msi (450)
o i get a better ( or equal ) performace with the x370..
My budget is too short xD i want to spend the less i can..

Well i dont know if the store can update the bios since doing so requires a supported cpu? A midrange b450 board is likely simmilar to an x370 board quality board. Depending on how old the stock is the board may have a newer bios.if you cant spare the 15 the x370 board should work.

Not sure how much performance difference there would be between the various motherboards, the main distinguishing feature is mainly connectivity for normal usage. From the general reviews I've seen MSI are gaining a good reputation with their recent motherboards.

If the store cannot update the BIOS for the x370, there is the possibility of AMD's boot kit (not sure if they still offer it). Could check it out if expenditure is a concern.
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100

Solution
Id again just spend 15 more to not have to deal with any issues. Msi and asus are both very good brands with experience in the industry. I would look up reviews of both and also factor which has better power delivery. Although i have an msi b350 board in my system i would also concider asus.

Jan 27, 2019
There is no problem about the bios update.
They arent going to sell me an 2200g with a motherboard that doesnt support it..Maybe i have to tell them but they shure can update the bios..
But i think that mb is not good and that's why the price is so low..beeing a x370 chipset.
I think im going to get the MSI..
I think the power supply of both are similar...4 power phasees 4 cpu and 2 4 gpu