[SOLVED] My PC crashes while gaming for like 3 minutes

Yahia Mohamed

Commendable
May 7, 2020
So a few weeks ago my system started to crash while gaming for like 3 minutes until I rebuilt my whole PC. I uninstalled every single thing that could come to mind and rebuilt my PC again. My PC was working fine for like 1 week until it started crashing again for no reason. What could the problem be?

My PC:
Motherboard: ASUS B450M TUF Gamging PLUS

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X@ Stock speed

Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition

GPU: Gigabyte Aorus RX 5700XT

Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO@3200 MHz

SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 250 GB

600W PSU that comes with the cougar MX350 case and some used 1 TB HDD

Additional notes:

1) All of my temps are fine

2)My airflow is good since I have 5 fans plus the 2 CPU cooler fans

3)I tried re-installing windows
4)When uninstalling my PC I cleaned all the dust off

5)I tried old and new GPU drivers

6)I installed AMD motherboard chip sets
When the windows crashes I rarely get to see the blue screen so I used my mobile to record it and get the stop code and the stop code is CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
I also got a few pictures to of my psu and before the pc crashes
MSI Afterburner overlay before crash: https://www.flickr.com/photos/188326711@N03/shares/3NYRe9
PSU: https://www.flickr.com/photos/188326711@N03/shares/813Z32

Last edited:
Solution
Good point and I respect it and all, but what makes me suspicious of whether the problem is a PSU problem or not is that I uninstalled every single part in my PC and I cleaned all of them and the PC worked fine for like a few days before starting to crash again
Given the lower quality parts used to make the PSU it likely has poor heat tolerance, cleaning it may have allowed it to keep cool enough to remain stable, but once dust started to build up you were back to square 1.
A common story with the 5700xt has been 5700xt + a low quality psu= unstable system.

SATADATA

Prominent
Apr 27, 2020
Are you sure your on the latest AMD drivers for your GPU? Do you have any spare parts laying around that you could switch into the pc one by one to try to identify the problem?

Yahia Mohamed

Commendable
May 7, 2020
Are you sure your on the latest AMD drivers for your GPU? Do you have any spare parts laying around that you could switch into the pc one by one to try to identify the problem?
I tried to install the latest GPU drivers, but they are just adding more problems. About my GPU, sometimes the power LED keeps lighting up randomly, but that's only while gaming

bignastyid

Titan
600W PSU that comes with the cougar MX350 case
That's likely the problem. It's rare a case comes with a good PSU as they usually just throw in junk. Cougar PSU's don't have the best reputation. While that case normally comes without a PSU I did find a couple places that included a "600w" VTC600, which in reality is more like a poor quality 550w PSU. For a RX 5700XT I reccomend a good 650w PSU to help handle the transient loads that card can have.

Yahia Mohamed

Commendable
May 7, 2020
That's likely the problem. It's rare a case comes with a good PSU as they usually just throw in junk. Cougar PSU's don't have the best reputation. While that case normally comes without a PSU I did find a couple places that included a "600w" VTC600, which in reality is more like a poor quality 550w PSU. For a RX 5700XT I reccomend a good 650w PSU to help handle the transient loads that card can have.
Good point and I respect it and all, but what makes me suspicious of whether the problem is a PSU problem or not is that I uninstalled every single part in my PC and I cleaned all of them and the PC worked fine for like a few days before starting to crash again

bignastyid

Titan
Given the lower quality parts used to make the PSU it likely has poor heat tolerance, cleaning it may have allowed it to keep cool enough to remain stable, but once dust started to build up you were back to square 1.
A common story with the 5700xt has been 5700xt + a low quality psu= unstable system.

Reactions: Yahia Mohamed
Solution

Yahia Mohamed

Commendable
May 7, 2020
This might explain it, thank you very much, you've been really helpful. Right now am looking at maybe 700 to 800 Watts budget power supplies. Got anything in mind?

Yahia Mohamed

Commendable
May 7, 2020