Mar 14, 2019
Hello guys i recently build a new gaming pc and installed a fresh windows 10 on it! But whenever i try to play a game, fortnite for example after some mins i get Bsod saying "Memory Management" and some times "Driver Irql Not Less or Equal". Please guys anyone have any idea? Should i re install the Windows 10 OS or should i check for hardware problems? I did a memory diagnosgic but it went pretty fine. Or should i update the BIOS? Please its driving me i lnsane since im not enjoying my newest pc!
I have a B450 Aorus Pro MoBo
A Ryzen 7 2700x
MSI Gtx 1660 Ti
Trident Z 16 Gb 3200 Mhz
Thermaltake smart SE 630W
Cruical MX 500 Gb amd a barracuda 1TB

Yes... that's what I meant. Assuming that you know how memory modules look, just press on both tabs at the edges of the module and then pull it out.
To reinsert the module just place it into the module and press firmly on its both sides. Once the tabs latch the module should be inserted properly.

Mar 14, 2019
Yes... that's what I meant. Assuming that you know how memory modules look, just press on both tabs at the edges of the module and then pull it out.
To reinsert the module just place it into the module and press firmly on its both sides. Once the tabs latch the module should be inserted properly.
Got that but 1 more question i have 4 ram slots both my ram are connected on the 2nd slot and the 4rth slot, if i remove the one on the 4th slot for example should i leave the other one where it is or should i move it? Also do i need to do anything on the bios? I also enable XMP profile on my both rams so its running at 3200 speed.

Mar 14, 2019
Ohhh... if you enabled XMP try disabling it. That's most likely causing the problems. The modules are advertised to run at that frequency but not guaranteed to work properly depending on the motherboard.
But i would not be able to run the full capacity of the ram speed if i disable it, i also bought that speed because i saw at my motherboard model that it supports that kind of speed (3200) but anyway thanks for the tip I'll keep you updated, i hope the problem does not come from it. If it does, Do you recommend a bios update? Maybe it should fix it?

You should update your BIOS if you don't have the latest version. As for the memory speed you might need to increase the DRAM voltage or relax the memory timings in order to get it working at the rated 3200 MHz (XMP profiles usually need a little bit of tweaking in order to get them working properly).

Before doing that, disable the XMP first to see if that's causing your problem.

Mar 14, 2019
You should update your BIOS if you don't have the latest version. As for the memory speed you might need to increase the DRAM voltage or relax the memory timings in order to get it working at the rated 3200 MHz (XMP profiles usually need a little bit of tweaking in order to get them working properly).

Before doing that, disable the XMP first to see if that's causing your problem.
Hello, so im back again.I disabled xmp, Played some fortnite for about 1 and a half hour and wasnt getting any problem (Bosd). It seems that the problem might come from ram overclock. So how do i decrease voltage or what should i do in order to run at 3200 speed. Also ive seen reviews that my motherboard isnt good at overclocking.

Hello, so im back again.I disabled xmp, Played some fortnite for about 1 and a half hour and wasnt getting any problem (Bosd). It seems that the problem might come from ram overclock. So how do i decrease voltage or what should i do in order to run at 3200 speed. Also ive seen reviews that my motherboard isnt good at overclocking.

Try enabling XMP, but set the memory frequency manually to 3000 MHz(system memory multiplier to 30) first and test it to see if that's stable.

Yeah... they're the timings and voltage @3200 MHz for your modules. To make it stable you can slowly increase(by 0.01 or 0.02V steps) the DRAM voltage(1.4V should be your limit) and if that doesn't work, you can also start relaxing your memory timings to something like 17-19-19-40.

DRAM Voltage setting should be found in M. I. T - >Advanced Voltage Settings.

Mar 14, 2019
Yeah... they're the timings and voltage @3200 MHz for your modules. To make it stable you can slowly increase(by 0.01 or 0.02V steps) the DRAM voltage(1.4V should be your limit) and if that doesn't work, you can also start relaxing your memory timings to something like 17-19-19-40.

DRAM Voltage setting should be found in M. I. T - >Advanced Voltage Settings.
Ok i will try some testings again and keep you updated if something happens! Also do you think its the motherboards fault that i doesnt run at 3200 mhz or should've i better bought a x470 MoBo?

Ok i will try some testings again and keep you updated if something happens! Also do you think its the motherboards fault that i doesnt run at 3200 mhz or should've i better bought a x470 MoBo?

Could be the motherboard or the modules themselves... I've tested a Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite(yours has more features but they're pretty similar otherwise) with 3200 mhz memory and it was rock solid with the XMP profile enabled.

Also the difference between 3000 mhz and 3200 mhz is insignificant anyways(maybe 1-2 fps more if you're lucky, but usually they'll be even).

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2019
Could be the motherboard or the modules themselves... I've tested a Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite(yours has more features but they're pretty similar otherwise) with 3200 mhz memory and it was rock solid with the XMP profile enabled.

Also the difference between 3000 mhz and 3200 mhz is insignificant anyways(maybe 1-2 fps more if you're lucky, but usually they'll be even).
So I've tested again for 1 hour now on 3000 and wasnt getting any Bosd! Maybe i'll run some more tests tomorrow. I really wouldn't thought that overclocking the ram at 3200 would cause that problem! Do u suggest changing ram product? Maybe get a hyperx or some other good ddr4 clocked at 3000 speed! Do you think updating bios might fix the problem with overclocking 3200? Anyways I'm really grateful that you helped me, was losing my mind those days trying to find some answers but so far you've helped me the most! I really Apriciate that! Thank you!

So I've tested again for 1 hour now on 3000 and wasnt getting any Bosd! Maybe i'll run some more tests tomorrow. I really wouldn't thought that overclocking the ram at 3200 would cause that problem! Do u suggest changing ram product? Maybe get a hyperx or some other good ddr4 clocked at 3000 speed! Do you think updating bios might fix the problem with overclocking 3200? Anyways I'm really grateful that you helped me, was losing my mind those days trying to find some answers but so far you've helped me the most! I really Apriciate that! Thank you!

I don't think updating the BIOS will help, but you should get the latest version just to make sure.

As for running at 3200 MHz you should try increasing DRAM Voltage. I'd start at 1.37V and if it's not stable, just increase by 0.01V steps(1.38,1.39,1.4). Just make sure you don't go past 1.4V.