Question My pc doesn't start

May 1, 2024
So , i did my first pc build and it was working everything fine , and i ve seen a video on YouTube on a guy that says i need update for my motherboard so my cpu can work on it

I did the bios update and in the last moment i realized that i decrease it instead of update it to a bigger verision the motherboard had F15 and i decreased it to F10

The pc started but the monitor didn't worked anymore so i decided to continue to do the same as that guy did in video (he took all the components down and kept only the power supply and the motherboard) also used a stick to add the newer version

After placing all the components back the pc doesnt start anymore, so idk what to do
Specs:
Motherboard: gigabyte A520M H
CPU: Ryzen 5 5500
GPU: RX 580
video:
View: https://youtu.be/7cQLYROKJ_Q?si=u6Pdr_9E0KUfdttE

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Specs:

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Clear the CMOS, disconnect from the wall and display, then remove the CMOS battery from the board. Press and hold down the power button for 30secs(to display any residual power), then replace the battery after 30mins. See if that helps.

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileL...e_1301.pdf?v=116e501cc8d3dc33f738f5f50776d8ac
page; 10~11 Did you make sure the USB drive that had the BIOS file in it's root directory was on the USB port labelled F in the manual?

May 1, 2024

Specs:

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Clear the CMOS, disconnect from the wall and display, then remove the CMOS battery from the board. Press and hold down the power button for 30secs(to display any residual power), then replace the battery after 30mins. See if that helps.

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileL...e_1301.pdf?v=116e501cc8d3dc33f738f5f50776d8ac
page; 10~11 Did you make sure the USB drive that had the BIOS file in it's root directory was on the USB port labelled F in the mathe
SSD: KingSpec PCIe Gen 4X4 1TB, NVME M.2, XF-512
RAM : KINGSTON FURY 16GB
CPU cooler: wraith stealth
age of PSU: 2 weeks
all the components i got are kinda new they wasnt used so much
PSU was included with the pc
and rest of specs i dont know

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Go to your motherboard manufacturers website and find out what generation of AMD CPU works with what BIOS you flashed back to. Find the least expensive Athlon or used CPU you can locate, install and utilize it to flash the BIOS back up to the proper level for your 5500.

Alternately, purchase another motherboard.

BIOS is one among very few things that can break a system when not performed correctly. I generally advise that if the system is running well not to mess with it unless you have to.

May 1, 2024

Specs:

CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

page; 10~11 Did you make sure the USB drive that had the BIOS file in it's root directory was on the USB port labelled F in the mathe

Specs:

CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

page; 10~11 Did you make sure the USB drive that had the BIOS file in it's root directory was on the USB port labelled F in the manual?
The CMOS thing doesn't work

May 1, 2024

Specs:

CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Go to your motherboard manufacturers website and find out what generation of AMD CPU works with what BIOS you flashed back to. Find the least expensive Athlon or used CPU you can locate, install and utilize it to flash the BIOS back up to the proper level for your 5500.

Alternately, purchase another motherboard.

BIOS is one among very few things that can break a system when not performed correctly. I generally advise that if the system is running well not to mess with it unless you have to.
The bios version i got can run the processor

TRENDING THREADS