My pc freezes when it fist boots up.

Nov 3, 2018
(i don't know where else to post this) So i'm running a pretty old PC from 2006 it a pre-built HP pavilion a1430n and the old hard drive says its missing WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM but it has important files so i decided to use a different hard drive instead of just formatting it and i installed windows 10 but the problem is it doesn't boot it just stays at the "Preparing Automatic Repair" and before that it just stayed at the windows logo and their were no spinning balls and I've tried cleaning the system to see if it was the CPU temps, switched out the sata cable but nothing happens it just sits their.

Specs: CPU Athlon 64 X2 (T) 3800+ 2.0 GHz
Chipset: Geforce 6150 LE
Motherboard: Asus A8N-LA / HP/Compaq motherboard name:
Nagami-GL8E
Ram: 1GB of ddr
Hard drive: 250gb 7200 rpm/ 80gb 5400 rpm

Nov 3, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from ablanedo72 : "My pc freezes when it fist boots up."

(i don't know where else to post this) So i'm running a pretty old PC from 2006 it a pre-built HP pavilion a1430n and the old hard drive says its missing WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM but it has important files so i decided to use a different hard drive instead of just formatting it and i installed windows 10 but the problem is it doesn't boot it just stays at the "Preparing Automatic Repair" and before that it just stayed at the windows logo and their were no spinning balls and I've tried cleaning the system to see if it was the CPU temps, switched out the sata cable but nothing happens it just sits their.

Specs: CPU Athlon 64 X2 (T) 3800+ 2.0 GHz
Chipset: Geforce 6150 LE
Motherboard: Asus A8N-LA / HP/Compaq motherboard name:
Nagami-GL8E
Ram: 1GB of ddr
Hard drive: 250gb 7200 rpm/ 80gb 5400 rpm