my pc has been bsoding since march.

bonkers_bananas

Prominent
Dec 19, 2020
I've swapped the MOBO from A b450 to a X570 thinking maybe it would help but its so random i can't really play game out of fear my progress will be lost or i will dc in multiplayer, someone please tell me what i need to buy/download/fix to stop this issue from occurring.

below are the crash reports and a link to the mini dump as well as the system information
System Information (local)

Computer name: DESKTOP-G81455O
Windows version: Windows 10, 10.0, version 2009, build: 19042
Windows dir: C:\Windows
Hardware: MS-7C37, Micro-Star International Co., Ltd., X570-A PRO (MS-7C37)
CPU: AuthenticAMD AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core Processor 8664, level: 23
12 logical processors, active mask: 4095
RAM: 34309279744 bytes (32.0GB)

Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:
C:\Windows
C:\Windows\Minidump

On Sat 12/19/2020 1:45:43 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\121920-11265-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: wfplwfs.sys (0xFFFFF805710510F6)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x48, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF805710510F6)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\wfplwfs.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: WFP NDIS 6.30 Lightweight Filter Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 12/19/2020 1:45:43 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: wfplwfs.sys (0xFFFFF805710510F6)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x48, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF805710510F6)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\wfplwfs.sys
description: WFP NDIS 6.30 Lightweight Filter Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 12/18/2020 12:47:56 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\121820-10968-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: fltmgr.sys (0xFFFFF8017FC03C9B)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF8017FC03C9B, 0xFFFFD4076B516C20, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\fltmgr.sys
description: Microsoft Filesystem Filter Manager
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a file system driver. Since there is no other responsible driver detected, this could be pointing to a malfunctioning drive or corrupted disk. It's suggested that you run CHKDSK.

On Thu 12/17/2020 12:38:24 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\121720-10953-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F5780)
Bugcheck code: 0x7A (0x1, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFB5046D86F080, 0xFFFFFD0000257580)
Error: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the requested page of kernel data from the paging file could not be read into memory.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.
=================================================================================================================================================================

On Thu 12/17/2020 7:27:18 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\121720-10890-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F5780)
Bugcheck code: 0x192 (0xFFFFA9085F55A080, 0xFFFFBE0CE245FF88, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_LOCK_ACQUISITION_WITH_RAISED_IRQL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a lock tracked by AutoBoost was acquired while executing at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

here are the dump files: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlZX5fZQ2N79hFsoD4i2kDFbeG4M?e=NdXdqO

bonkers_bananas

Prominent
Dec 19, 2020
reset your bios to normal, clean install windows, download and install amd x570 chipset driver, and install the driver that you need for your system (you gpu, etc.)
doing that right now but define set bios to "normal" you want me to flash it to the earliest version or you just want me to reset defaults?

bonkers_bananas

Prominent
Dec 19, 2020
since reinstalling windows ive: updated gpu drivers, updated chipset and reltek audio drivers via msi live 6, ran sfc /scannow, and a xmemtest. everything has passed

maybe i have a issue with the gddr6 on my gpu any program i can use to test that easily? or even my psu?!?
yeah i booted from active killdisk as uefi and did a pass of all 0's on my 3 drives

bonkers_bananas

Prominent
Dec 19, 2020
installed and re-booted the machine, gonna let it run over night with oldschoolrunescape.exe open (which ironically enough seems to be what im doing %90 of the time it crashes) and see if i can't get another minidump by the morning

Colif

Win 11 Master
looking at crashes before the reinstall, i could guess they were caused by LAN drivers..
NDIS - Network Driver Interface Specification - mentioned in top crash.

i think : KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_LOCK_ACQUISITION_WITH_RAISED_IRQL is normally lan drivers as well.

I don't know about latest ones though. friend is still asleep i think so he won't reply for a while.

Do you use Wifi or LAN?

bonkers_bananas

Prominent
Dec 19, 2020
looking at crashes before the reinstall, i could guess they were caused by LAN drivers..
NDIS - Network Driver Interface Specification - mentioned in top crash.

i think : KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_LOCK_ACQUISITION_WITH_RAISED_IRQL is normally lan drivers as well.

I don't know about latest ones though. friend is still asleep i think so he won't reply for a while.

Do you use Wifi or LAN?

Normally i'm using lan but i was on wifi for this instance. its extremely random as far as the stop code goes, i've gotten dpc watchdog violation, security kernel check failure, memory management, kerenal auto boost locked with raised irql, irql less than or equal, it tells me its my memory in one BSoD then something toattally different in another, i wish it was just as simple as "hey go replace "x" part" but its proving to be more than that.

bonkers_bananas

Prominent
Dec 19, 2020
Normally i'm using lan but i was on wifi for this instance. its extremely random as far as the stop code goes, i've gotten dpc watchdog violation, security kernel check failure, memory management, kerenal auto boost locked with raised irql, irql less than or equal, it tells me its my memory in one BSoD then something toattally different in another, i wish it was just as simple as "hey go replace "x" part" but its proving to be more than that.
which makes it even more of a pain to deal with because even after i implement someone's suggestion, there's no definitive way to make it crash so i can do X and think its fixed for days until boom BSoD.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Yes, its a shame BSOD don't wave a white flag. you only know its fixed when it stops happening.

Can be like waiting for a shoe to drop at night, you know it might happen but when. I had a problem like that a few years ago, but it wasn't causing BSOD or I would have been able to fix it. I went weeks without anything and then randomly it would happen. that took a few months, this shouldn't (famous last words?)

Its why i never celebrate when we fix a BSOD as there is no real way of knowing if it won't just happen again.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/hs72ncdu/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:122020-11140-01.dmp (Dec 20 2020 - 05:46:05)
Bugcheck:BAD_OBJECT_HEADER (189)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: RuneLite.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 2 Hour(s), 03 Min(s), and 22 Sec(s)

File information:121920-11609-01.dmp (Dec 19 2020 - 15:44:04)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 04 Min(s), and 57 Sec(s)

File information:121920-11265-01.dmp (Dec 19 2020 - 13:45:43)
Bugcheck:DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (D1)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 55 Min(s), and 34 Sec(s)

File information:121820-10968-01.dmp (Dec 18 2020 - 00:47:56)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: chrome.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 5 Hour(s), 20 Min(s), and 03 Sec(s)

File information:121720-10953-01.dmp (Dec 17 2020 - 00:38:24)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (7A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: steam.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 5 Hour(s), 09 Min(s), and 50 Sec(s)

File information:121720-10890-01.dmp (Dec 17 2020 - 19:27:18)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_LOCK_ACQUISITION_WITH_RAISED_IRQL (192)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: TS4_x64.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 10 Min(s), and 05 Sec(s)
Possible Motherboard page: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/X570-A-PRO
There are BIOS updates available for your system. You are using version H.7 and the latest stable version is H.B. We usually don't recommend updating to Beta versions such as version H.C. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

bonkers_bananas

Prominent
Dec 19, 2020
it seems that all of them seem to say memory corruption. is this from my actual ram or can the gddr6 on my gpu cause this to happen? i've tried different sticks of ram but i've never tried changing the gpu.

Colif

Win 11 Master
almost all bsod say memory corruption

Not sure about top 2 crashes
crash 3 was lan
May 28 2015netr28ux.sysRalink Wireless Adapter driver

Lan drivers are fairly new, Wi-Fi not so much

crash 4 is lan as well
crash 5, steam crashed... lan drivers is a guess based on pattern
Crash 6 -
KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_LOCK_ACQUISITION_WITH_RAISED_IRQL (192) appears to be GPU drivers
Stack text - dxgmms2!VIDMM_GLOBAL::Lock+0xb9 << dxgmms2 = direct X. Most of time I see it crash its the GPU drivers
you have fairly recent nvidia drivers, try running DDU and reinstall newer ones - https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...n-install-of-your-video-card-drivers.2402269/

bonkers_bananas

Prominent
Dec 19, 2020
so im still getting bsods after trying everything i can i just did a fresh install of windows and i was reading another thread with some uncanny similarities even swapping the mobo, it seems he stopped the bsoding by slightly under volting his processor is this something i should at least hail mary before i assume the fetal position and begin crying? if so what voltage am i safe to under volt to on a water cooled 3600x? i currently bumped it down to 1.375 kinda being a crayon eater about it not really knowing what im doing for the most part when it comes to over/under clocking.