My pc is only achieving 144mbps On a 300mpbs card when my and my laptop gets 400mbps on the same network.

Mar 10, 2018
So recently I've been using my main desktop pc as my daily pc rather than my laptop. I also use it to play games and have come across some horrible rubber banding in all the games I have been playing.
The wierd thing is that my internet speeds are fine and when looking at them on Olak internet speed test I am getting about 70-80mbps down and 10mpbs up. Which is about 4 times as much as I was getting with my previous internet connection.
As a result of this rubber banding I used the same internet speed test on my laptop and achieved 140-160mbps up and about 12mbps down. I went and had a look into the networking options in Windows and saw that that my laptop said I was achieving 350mbps-450 where as my PC was stuck on 144mbps. I am using an Asus pce n 300mps network card in my pc and just the internal adapter in my laptop which is a HP omen 15-ax205na.

Is the case the network card in my pc is not capable of any faster speeds, not set up correctly or just not working?

Solution

RealBeast

Titan
The laptop has 5GHz AC wireless, so it will be faster than the 2.4GHz N on your desktop. Those speeds are normal for both devices and you do not have any issues. Nobody very gets near 300Mbps on 2.4GHz N wireless, the 144Mbps is a normal speed for that device.

Solution