Officer Vimes

Honorable
May 28, 2015
So my PC has been randomly rebooting for a while now, only that this used to be such a rare issue that I didn't even notice it (it would reboot when left alone, I assumed power issues in my area).

Now this is happening with increasing frequency. I've disabled the automatic restart on windows 10 and also configured it to not overwrite the small memory dump file yet no dump file is being created, except for the one detailed below.

That's why I believe it's pretty obviously a hardware issue.

Why I suspect the GPU? Because in the past month I've gotten 2 crashes for which I do have a dump file related to GPU drivers. The PC freezes and gets screen artifacts then crashes.

I've since then cleanly removed all Nvidia drivers and reinstalled them, but this crash still happened (once before driver removal, once after).

No overheating involved, 100% certain of it.

No overclocking being done to anything except slight overclock on monitor hz.

I've tried re-seating the GPU and ram, no effect.

Reboots seems to happen regardless of usage. It has rebooted while playing games and while idle.

Here's the GPU driver crash dumpfile
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hcht095o7ki2sqn/031820-15015-01.dmp?dl=0

Here's a Speccy snapshot
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/wd2KXzgsHZt4LXS7q8w6JBN

I know that I should start by getting a PSU and swapping it, but I don't know how I would get one without buying it so I wanted to see what else I can try for cheap and not spend money!

Any help is greatly appreciated considering I depend on this to work nowadays, thanks a bunch!

Solution
If you suspect your GPU is the problem just remove the graphics card and run the computer for a few days using the integrated graphics to see if the problem goes away.
What is your power supply? Is it a quality name brand like Corsair, EVGA or Cooler Master?
If you suspect your GPU is the problem just remove the graphics card and run the computer for a few days using the integrated graphics to see if the problem goes away.
What is your power supply? Is it a quality name brand like Corsair, EVGA or Cooler Master?

Solution
Sep 29, 2019
I had a similar issue and the crashes got worse and worse, it started with 1 a day and at somepoint my pc was quite useless since it restarted all the time, and one time after the restart my pc ran into a blue screen and i saw red lines on my monitor, changed the gpu and i've never had a problem like that anymore.

Officer Vimes

Honorable
May 28, 2015

Yea I was going to try that but I wanted to see what people with the same issue had done since the reboots are still not that frequent and it'd be very inconvenient to not have the GPU in.

My PSU is an EVGA 600B, not the best but not trash as far as I'm aware.

Officer Vimes

Honorable
May 28, 2015
I had a similar issue and the crashes got worse and worse, it started with 1 a day and at somepoint my pc was quite useless since it restarted all the time, and one time after the restart my pc ran into a blue screen and i saw red lines on my monitor, changed the gpu and i've never had a problem like that anymore.

Thanks for your experience, it's looking grim then.