MY pc is restart when main power cut off

Jul 26, 2018
my PC restart when main power is cut of but my pc is connect with home inverter ....i check my system heath in bios i saw +12 volts show 11.88 some thing and +3 v shows 2.8 some thing ..and when i do stress test the core voltage drop down to 0.823 some thing ..is it couse by PSU

Solution
A backup for the home very likely has some downtime, so replacing the PSU isn't going to fix the issue - and problems will still likely occur in time.

Any Corsair unit is going to be better than Zebronics, but even Corsair have some poor quality units that, after getting hit with a few power outages, may no longer be up to the task.

A dedicated UPS is a really good idea here, I cannot stress that enough.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Which inverter do you have, specifically? A full generator/backup for the entire home?
There may be some downtime before it kicks in, hence the reboot.

There should be no more than 5% tolerance on modern ATX PSUs.
So +12V, for example, could see +11.40 V to +12.60 and be within spec.

BUT, focussing on the PSU; If you have a quality PSU and you experience power cuts often - then the PSU should be taking the brunt of any damage/surge/dirty power. I wouldn't expect it to last too long if it's doing that more than once in a while.

If you have a poor quality PSU, chances are good the PSU is protecting very little - and any damage (either occurring in small doses over time, or catastrophic damage in one event) will be felt by some/all of your components.

You should really look to a dedicated UPS for your system if power loss is a semi-common occurrence IMO.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
A backup for the home very likely has some downtime, so replacing the PSU isn't going to fix the issue - and problems will still likely occur in time.

Any Corsair unit is going to be better than Zebronics, but even Corsair have some poor quality units that, after getting hit with a few power outages, may no longer be up to the task.

A dedicated UPS is a really good idea here, I cannot stress that enough.

Solution