Question My PC is under performing by a good amount, I have no clue why.

heartysucc

Prominent
Nov 27, 2018
Hello, recently for some reason I have just lost a lot of performance in my PC and I have been using this for 2 years, my specs are 1070 ti, cpu is G4560, Motherboard is a STRIX Z270H Gaming, and 16 gb of ram. I use to be able to play fortnite at 200 frames plus no lag or frame issues and gta 5 with no issues at 100+ frames. Now I am getting 60-100 frames in fortniet, not loading in, and freezing, and freezing in gta 5. Also my download speed has went down. I honestly have no clue what to do at this point, any help would be appreciated, thanks.

kanewolf

Titan
Hello, recently for some reason I have just lost a lot of performance in my PC and I have been using this for 2 years, my specs are 1070 ti, cpu is G4560, Motherboard is a STRIX Z270H Gaming, and 16 gb of ram. I use to be able to play fortnite at 200 frames plus no lag or frame issues and gta 5 with no issues at 100+ frames. Now I am getting 60-100 frames in fortniet, not loading in, and freezing, and freezing in gta 5. Also my download speed has went down. I honestly have no clue what to do at this point, any help would be appreciated, thanks.
First thing would be virus and malware scans.
After 2 years, a clean OS install can do wonders for performance.