[SOLVED] My PC isn't working, All internal lights turn on but nothing I plug into it gets power other than my mic and phone charger

Dec 29, 2018
The fans spin and my graphics card and motherboard lights up, but my monitors don't get signal and my keyboard and mouse don't work. I haven't changed anything in the build since I built it about a year ago. Also when I plug my mic in it gets power and same thing when I charge my phone with it. After I unplug it for a while it will work. After a few hrs it will freeze and shut off, repeating the process of not working!

Specs:
Cpu: intel - Core i7-7700K 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Processor
Cpu Cooler:
CRYORIG - H7 49 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: MSI - Z270 SLI PLUS ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Ram: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
SSD: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
IHD: Seagate - Barracuda 3 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB ROG STRIX Video Card
Psu: Corsair - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit

Solution
When your PC is working look in Event Viewer and Reliability History/Manager for error codes and warnings.

Likely to be some logged events with respect to the problem(s) being encountered.

Also: have you ever cleaned inside your PC and/or reseated all connections, cards, RAM, etc. They do work loose over time and consequently start causing problems.

Ralston18

Titan
When your PC is working look in Event Viewer and Reliability History/Manager for error codes and warnings.

Likely to be some logged events with respect to the problem(s) being encountered.

Also: have you ever cleaned inside your PC and/or reseated all connections, cards, RAM, etc. They do work loose over time and consequently start causing problems.

Solution