Question my pc keeps crashing >:(

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paka000

Prominent
Oct 12, 2020
i was just doing some work when my system just froze up started stuttering and the audio went crazy like static then my peripheral's turned off but my case fans and my case was still powered on i thought it was the psu so i changed it from a 500w to a brand new 650w but this issue just occurred and idk what to do as i dont want it to be a reoccurring problem

my specs:
ryzen 5 2600x
rx 590 8 gb
b450 rog strix mobo
650w 80 plus bronze gamemax
gamemax iceberg 3 fan 240mm aio
16gb ddr4 ram ADATA XPG

ak195

Distinguished
the temps are cool its just like when im multitasking like on discord google and a game itll just freeze up audio will go crazy and monitor keyboard and mouse are off whilst my fans and rgb in case are all on
ok, as I said before, did you checked it without GPU? may be PSU problem like others have mentioned.
and also check the load on CPU while using Discord and during multitasking in TaskManager

Paka000

Prominent
Oct 12, 2020
i was just doing some work when my system just froze up started stuttering and the audio went crazy like static then my peripheral's turned off but my case fans and my case was still powered on i thought it was the psu so i changed it from a 500w to a brand new 650w but this issue just occurred and idk what to do as i dont want it to be a reoccurring problem

my specs:
ryzen 5 2600x
rx 590 8 gb
b450 rog strix mobo
16gb ddr4 ram ADATA XPG
update: ive switched out the psu to a 650 gold MWE cooler master ive multitasked with applications that would previously cause the freezing to start so far so good ill update if the problem occurs

Paka000

Prominent
Oct 12, 2020

my specs:
ryzen 5 2600x
rx 590 8 gb
b450 rog strix mobo
16gb ddr4 ram ADATA XPG

UPDATE
its been a few months and i cahnged my psu to a coolermaster 650 w gold , i didn't change anything else however i did take out the cpu and replace thermal paste, however now randomly at first when i press the power button my whole system wont even turn on .the case lights and other lights inside will but no monitor or peripheral lightings, so i then have to reset using the button on my case. then randomly whenever i'm using it the monitor and peripherals all turn off but the lights inside the case all stay on any ideas?

note: i dont have any other parts available to test them with

COLGeek

Cybernaut
UPDATE
its been a few months and i cahnged my psu to a coolermaster 650 w gold , i didn't change anything else however i did take out the cpu and replace thermal paste, however now randomly at first when i press the power button my whole system wont even turn on .the case lights and other lights inside will but no monitor or peripheral lightings, so i then have to reset using the button on my case. then randomly whenever i'm using it the monitor and peripherals all turn off but the lights inside the case all stay on any ideas?

note: i dont have any other parts available to test them with
Time to start a new thread, rather than resurrect one from more than a year ago. Closing for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.