My PC lags and then the monitor shuts down for no reason. Just the monitor. The computer itself doesnt crash.

Sep 14, 2018
So here's the thing.
Whenever I play any game my computer lags gradually. It builds up the more I run the program until it just gives up and my monitor just turns off. Not the computer though. The computer just keeps running and the monitor acts like it doesn't detect anything. I play roblox (oof) and even a small game like that just crashes my monitor.
Any help is appreciated!

Solution
It is also possible that it is a problem with the monitor itself. Check the monitor cable and power cable connections. Also try using a different monitor cable or different video output ports.
What are the system components or make and model if it is a pre-built?

What are the system temperatures? What specifically are the CPU & GPU temperatures?

What you describe sounds like thermal throttling. It could be on either the CPU or GPU, but it is more likely the graphics card since the display is affected.

Check to see that the CPU AND GPU fans are spinning.

have you used another computer on that monitor to make sure its actually the monitor? have you used your computer on another monitor to make sure its not the computer? Have you used other inputs/outputs on your monitor/computer?

If it is actually your monitor than its time to get a new monitor probably, there isn't much you can do to fix a monitor unless its under warranty. only thing i could suggest is to take it apart as maybe large amounts of dust has built up inside for some reason.