My pc supposed to be this HOT when playing Jurassic World Evolution?

tdoe21

Prominent
Oct 18, 2017

my apologies, its a Intel i7-7700 with a Corsair H80i

Also have a Zotac GTX 1080 Amp! Edition

tdoe21

Prominent
Oct 18, 2017

okay thats a load off, but what about the GPU temps?

tdoe21

Prominent
Oct 18, 2017

my fans are at 100% once it hits 70C, doesnt do much :/

mcconkeymike

Distinguished
Well crap, it's possible that your fans are beginning to fail if they are no longer able to cool your GPU properly. Mine did that from running them at high speed and I had to hook up a 120mm AIO to my GPU to keep it cool. I'm sure there are aftermarket fan solutions if you wanted to stick with fans, which is probably cheaper.

tdoe21

Prominent
Oct 18, 2017

my GPU is not even 6 months old, from the start I was getting these temps. You think I should contact the manufacturer?

tdoe21

Prominent
Oct 18, 2017

I have the Phanteks P400 Case, and yes its quite warm where I live

The Phanteks P400 is a decent case and should have some decent airflow. How are you setting up the fan curve? Did you set it up through MSI afterburner or EVGA Precision X? What does the OSD say when the programs are running as it relates to fan speed?

Zotac has a decent cooler on that GPU and it should not be 83C unless you have some really high ambient temps. And if that was the case your CPU temps would reflect it as well. But the cooler is working on the Zotac card or it would be throttling. I suggest going back and making sure your fan curve is working well. As stock settings and a 80% fan curve your GPU should hang out around 70-75C.

tdoe21

Prominent
Oct 18, 2017

to be honest im not sure, my buddy assisted me with the build and he kinda just did the fans and I forgot to ask. But i just realized that I could take the from panel off the case and I feel like its restricting a lot of airflow, its just not very pretty. SO I think i might actually mod it and cut out some of the front panel to help with the fron panel airflow

tdoe21

Prominent
Oct 18, 2017

I adjusted my fan curve using the Zotac firestorm software this is what it looks like.
(im at idle right now)
https://i.imgur.com/tpxBxkw.png

I don't think the fan curve is activated. On the first screen shot it shows 82C with 1715rpm fan speed. But the low temp of 50C has 0 fan speed. Your fan curve shows at 50C your should have 60% fan curve.

I am not familiar with Zotac Firestorm and I am kinda stuck in my ways and use what I know. I suggest giving Afterburner or Precision X a try and use their fan curve. For stock settings an 80% fan curve should be more than enough.