[SOLVED] My PC wall to PSU cable will not go all the way in.

Drekken

Commendable
Nov 12, 2016
The cable that goes into the powersupply will not go in all the way, and can be wobbled. I have accidentally knocked it out a few times now, and I have a slight feeling that it will be detrimental to my PC's health in the long run. Help!

Solution
Some need a stronger push than others in my experience, especially if it's a new PC or a new power cable. You certainly shouldn't be able to accidentally knock it out.
With the other end unplugged from the mains socket (just as a precaution), give the PSU plug a firm push whilst pushing the front panel of your PC case in the opposite direction.
Some need a stronger push than others in my experience, especially if it's a new PC or a new power cable. You certainly shouldn't be able to accidentally knock it out.
With the other end unplugged from the mains socket (just as a precaution), give the PSU plug a firm push whilst pushing the front panel of your PC case in the opposite direction.

Solution
They could have supplied you with the wrong lead or swapped it with what we call a Kettle Lead - which has a notch in it and may not fit.
As Phillip said above, remove it from the wall, push hard into the back of the computer until it goes all the way in.
Loose cables can ark and it isn't good for your computer at all and in theory a fire risk.