[SOLVED] My pc won’t turn on at all.

Jan 18, 2020
McAfee found a virus in my pc and 15mins later when I went to play a game on steam and my pc just died. I have a ASUS GR8 II pre-built mini pc with an i7-7700 with a gtx1060 3gb and 16gb of ram. Everything is plugged in correctly and I can’t really do anymore troubleshooting as absolutely nothing happens when I try to turn on my pc. Is there anything I can do?

Solution
I don't think the virus had anything to do with the PC not powering up, just a coincidence.

It could be the external power brick has died if you're sure it's plugged in properly, or if the wall-plug contains a fuse it may have blown (though I've never known that to happen with a computer's power cable).
I don't think the virus had anything to do with the PC not powering up, just a coincidence.

It could be the external power brick has died if you're sure it's plugged in properly, or if the wall-plug contains a fuse it may have blown (though I've never known that to happen with a computer's power cable).

Solution
Jan 18, 2020

One of the bricks cables was loose thanks.

McAfee is about the worst antivirus program out there, hosed my whole PC years ago, the windows defender that comes with windows 10 has gotten high marks lately and considered in the top 6 best antivirus programs. Besides an antivirus you need a Anti-Malware program like Free Malwarebytes.

gamerbrehdy

Honorable
Jun 15, 2018
If you have 2 RAM-sticks, try to swap their slots. Worked for me when my pc wouldn't boot.

You have around the same pc build as me. Had some issues with booting as well long ago. Just swap the RAM-sticks's slots if you continue to have any boot issues, most of the times work.