Question My PC won't boot after I updated the platform keys in the BIOS and enabled Secure Boot ?

Aug 18, 2021
After updating the platform keys and resetting it without saving the changes I have made in bios, it restarted then gives me a black screen ?

Solution I have tried:
CMOS reset(jump/removing battery)
Reseat ram

Error light:
CPU->VGA->DRAM->CPU->VGA Simultaneously

And lights in Keyboard and Mouse

MOBO: Gigabyte B450 aorus pro wifi
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
SSD: Kingston A400
PSU: Seasonic S2iii
GPU: Gigabyte Gtx 1650 Super

I can't go to the bios its just No signal

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
FYI:

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_b450-aorus-pro-wifi_1002_e_190528.pdf

(Do confirm that I found the applicable motherboard User Manual.)

Reference physically numbered Page 22, Item 22 - Status Lights.

"The status LEDs show whether the CPU, memory, graphics card, and operating system are working properly after system power-on. If the CPU/DRAM/VGA LED is on, that means the corresponding device is not working normally; if the BOOT LED is on, that means you haven't entered the operating system yet."

How old is that Seasonic PSU? Past history of heavy gaming use, video editing, or even bit-mining?

My thought is that with all LED's being lit then the PSU may have failed in some manner.

Or it simply could be a loose or completely disconnected power cable.

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all cables, connectors, RAM, cards, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Reactions: helper800
Aug 18, 2021
FYI:

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_b450-aorus-pro-wifi_1002_e_190528.pdf

(Do confirm that I found the applicable motherboard User Manual.)

Reference physically numbered Page 22, Item 22 - Status Lights.

"The status LEDs show whether the CPU, memory, graphics card, and operating system are working properly after system power-on. If the CPU/DRAM/VGA LED is on, that means the corresponding device is not working normally; if the BOOT LED is on, that means you haven't entered the operating system yet."

How old is that Seasonic PSU? Past history of heavy gaming use, video editing, or even bit-mining?

My thought is that with all LED's being lit then the PSU may have failed in some manner.

Or it simply could be a loose or completely disconnected power cable.

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all cables, connectors, RAM, cards, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.
Everything was fine before, my pc is 100% working then everything messed up when Im exploring in the bios, I updated the platform keys then I reset my PC then Boom black screen no signal

Ralston18

Titan
From the motherboard User Manual (Chapter 2, Page 23):

"To access the BIOS Setup program, press the <Delete> key during the POST when the power is turned on.
To upgrade the BIOS, use either the GIGABYTE Q-Flash or @bios utility.
• Q-Flash allows the user to quickly and easily upgrade or back up BIOS without entering the operating system.
@bios is a Windows-based utility that searches and downloads the latest version of BIOS from the Internet
and updates the BIOS "

Start rapidly tapping <Delete> and continue to do so while and after pressing the power button.

Will that procedure get you into BIOS?

Ralston18

Titan
Moderator Note: Using Google translator the above (Czech) is:

I also have this problem but nothing helps me I also have a gigabit b450 board or num lock and caps lock off it can't somehow update the bios without access to the bios

@Dejviskapup :

Please start your own thread with additional details about the problem and the problem history.

Include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Make and model keyboard? Try another known working keyboard on your computer.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Mar 1, 2022
After updating the platform keys and resetting it without saving the changes I have made in bios, it restarted then gives me a black screen ?

Solution I have tried:
Reseat ram

Error light:

Did you solve this, im having the exact same problems?

May 30, 2022
My problem fixed just get a cpu with integrated graphics on it then update your bios or reinstall
Im running out of option. I have also the same exact problem. Exact happened after I update the platform key and witout saving it. Reatarted then black screen. I have same aurus b450 pro and I realized it has no igpu so how can I acces to bios now?. Im thinking to buy a new motherboard with internal igpu, or is their any more solutions. I took of the batter in the mother board and does not do anything.

Aug 18, 2021
Im running out of option. I have also the same exact problem. Exact happened after I update the platform key and witout saving it. Reatarted then black screen. I have same aurus b450 pro and I realized it has no igpu so how can I acces to bios now?. Im thinking to buy a new motherboard with internal igpu, or is their any more solutions. I took of the batter in the mother board and does not do anything.
Why buy motherboard
There is no motherboard with iGPU

Jun 13, 2022

Solution I have tried:
Reseat ram

Error light:

I did the same thing and now no out put i don't have extra processor my board is b550 ds3h ac idk what to do well

TRENDING THREADS