My PC wont boot - error code 0xc00000e9

Status
Not open for further replies.

aandyaoe

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013
My computer randomly (at least seemingly) froze a couple days ago. I had to manually restart my computer with the power button. After I restarted it, my computer would not get past the opening windows screen. It would usually just freeze and after a couple more trys, I was greeted with an error message that says:

Windows has has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer.

This error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as an external USB drive while the device is in use, or by faulty hardware such as a hard drive or CD-ROM drive that is failing. Make sure any removable storage is properly connected and then restart your computer.

If you continue to receive this error message, contact the hardware manufacturer.

Info: An unexpected I/O error has occurrred.

I then shut down my computer and made sure that everything was connected (HDD, CD Drive, etc.) was connected properly. However, nothing I have tried so far including startup repair has worked. I've searched around forums for a while now with no results.

Any help or suggestions?
Thanks.

aandyaoe

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013

and how would i go about fixing that to go back to my normal SATA drive?

aandyaoe

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013

So i went into my BIOS but I'I'm not sure what I'm looking for. The only thing i found related to SATA is Sata ports settings where u have 3 choices (AHCI, RAID, IDE) but ive tried all 3 of those and none of them produce any good results. Anything else I should be looking for?

mozor

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013
Hi, I think it`s not virus try disconect your all usb cable mouse keyboard when you try restore your system and connect only when you need press a button :p I my case it`s work :D

Moeed Akber

Reputable
Apr 13, 2014

Greg you are 100% right bro. i am just facing the same problem and worked hard for last 5 hours :D but just now saw your comment and manually change the Bios drive to the right one.
Thanks Bro. :)

Paula Huo

Reputable
Jun 12, 2014

Would you kindly let me know how I can change the hardware setting in BIOS?
Thanks a lot.

Paula

D4Nny

Reputable
Apr 3, 2015

D4Nny

Reputable
Apr 3, 2015
Yo my laptop did exactly the same thing this morning froze whyle I was on you tube I had to turn of by the power button and now I recieve the same code

TommyO

Reputable
Jul 5, 2015

And what did you do to fix it? I had the same problem with my laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.