Question My power button doesn't work, and this is how I have to turn it on.

Dec 22, 2020
This is the default case that came with the PC when I bought it in-store XXXXXXX

[ Moderator edit to remove insulting name XXXXXXX calling. Also deleted the preceding less than helpful posted response. Remember Forum rules.]

It also has nothing to do with the case itself.

Thanks for the "helpful" reply though.

Last edited by a moderator:
My power button doesn't work, so in order to access the the wire harness, my case always needs to be open.

Basically, I have to take the little wire harness out of the hole where the power button is, and plug it back in for my computer to turn on.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
The plastic clips that were holding the wire with the power button may have come loose or broken.
In similar situations I have use hot glue (or plastic welding) to place the wire ending where it used to be ...next to the PC case push button.

Also, you could just make a hole with a drill and install another power button.
Power button.

Last edited:
This is the default case that came with the PC when I bought it in-store XXXXXXX

[ Moderator edit to remove insulting name XXXXXXX calling. Also deleted the preceding less than helpful posted response. Remember Forum rules.]

It also has nothing to do with the case itself.

Thanks for the "helpful" reply though.

It does have to do with the case itself since the power button is connected to the case.

The button on the case merely needs to short two pins together on the power on pins on the motherboard. If you had a good case with a good power button, you would not have this problem.

It's obvious that the button on the bezel is not making proper contact with the actual button that shorts the two pins. You should address that issue first and foremost.

Dec 22, 2020
Again, I bought the whole tower at a store, I didn't build it myself. I didn't have a choice of cases. How much more clear can I make that for you? I'm not going to buy an entire new case just to fix this problem.

Do you have an actual solution?

Last edited by a moderator:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Again, I bought the whole tower at a store, I didn't build it myself. I didn't have a choice of cases. How much more clear can I make that for you? I'm not going to buy an entire new case just to fix this problem.

Do you have an actual solution or are you gonna continue to spew nonsense?
No one is saying to buy a new case, (well, one did but post was deleted for not being helpful) they are just saying what cause is. I don't have a solution, maybe an adapter can be fashioned to overcome the shortfall in design.

We are just trying to help here.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
If the motherboard can take it could you use one of these, say this because the motherboard might have a proprietary connector,
APEVIA CVTPWSW 25" Power switch cable for computer cases that connects to the motherboard-Newegg.com
just route it to the outside of the case.

See now that jojesa gave a similar option,

Also, you could just make a whole with a drill and install another power button.
https://www.amazon.com/NOYITO-Chassis-Extension-Suitable-Computer/dp/B07PPDHKDT
think you missed this one since he gave it a name.

Last edited:

If you use your PC daily, you could just put the PC to sleep and wake it up with the keyboard instead of shutting it down.
Besides fixing the button yourself, as I already explained above, you could contact the store where you got that PC.
I think the store should be willing to fix it for you, at low or not cost, since you were their customer.

You bought the PC at a store, but it uses standard ATX parts. So you can use this as a learning opportunity by getting a quality case and transferring the parts over to it.

TRENDING THREADS