Question My psu gets "fried" when inserting after inserting my 3060 ti ?

Feb 4, 2022
It happend after i bought a new cpu cooler. My system worked fine before that.
I went from a stock amd cooler to a Noctua NH-D15. My computer turned on, and all of the components seemed to run until i put my gpu in. After i put my in gpu, the psu stopped working, and started to make a faint "dirring" sound. I tried switching out the old psu with a new one. I removed and reinstalled all of my components, but the same thing happend again. It seems to work fine until i put my gpu in.
Specs=
Msi gaming x trio 3060 ti, ryzen 5600x, Msi gaming edge wifi (mobo), corsair rm750 (750w gold), 8gb 3200mhz x2, Noctuna NH-D15.
Are there any methods for me to find out what the problem is?

Thank you!

Feb 4, 2022
Have to ask, but the way you tell things makes it thinkable that you put the gpu in when the system is powered on, do you really do that?

The Noctua's fans are connected to the right fan headers?

YES, i did turn the system properly off before inserting the gpu(sorry for making it unclear). And i used the same port for my cpu cooler as i did with my old one (i think it was called fan1) the cpu cooler did run spin/run before inserting the gpu.

All the parts seems to work, they at least start. im not sure about the gpu though.

So there is no power when GPU is plugged in. Sounds like PSU detects short or something like that and refuses to start. First thing would be to use another PCIe cable(s). If that does not help you should check the GPU itself in another machine.

TRENDING THREADS