Question My PSU had grounding system but my audio interface still produce static noise

Naufalsyq

Commendable
Jun 10, 2020
My PSU has grounding system but my audio interface still produce static noises, is it because there's no ferrite bread on my audio interface usb cable? if it is, i'll go get cable with it but i need to make sure it is not my PSU. I'm also certain there's no static electricity throughout my pc case. is it ground loop? but how's my pc affected by it? i thought my PSU ground it tho...

Lutfij

Titan
Your PSU still needs to connect to the wall with a ground in order for that grounding in the PSU to be effective. Might want to see if your wall outlet actually has grounding on it. Now would also be a good time to check and see if any devices are lacking a 3rd prong to allow for grounding from your respective device.

Make and model of your PSU and the age of the unit? Mind sharing a picture of your wall outlet and the cable used to tether the PSU to the wall outlet? Might want to also list your full system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
+ audio equipment

Naufalsyq

Commendable
Jun 10, 2020
Your PSU still needs to connect to the wall with a ground in order for that grounding in the PSU to be effective. Might want to see if your wall outlet actually has grounding on it. Now would also be a good time to check and see if any devices are lacking a 3rd prong to allow for grounding from your respective device.

Make and model of your PSU and the age of the unit? Mind sharing a picture of your wall outlet and the cable used to tether the PSU to the wall outlet? Might want to also list your full system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
+ audio equipment
My socket is grounded and I'm sure of it because my pc case doesn't shock me wherever i touch it. I also check it myself it has 3 cables so it is grounded and it's not the problem.
The 3rd prong could be the case, I'll look further for this.
My psu is Superflower leadex ii 650w 80+ gold

Asrock b450 pro 4
Ryzen 7 5700x
V-Gen tsunami 2x8GB
Adata su650 512GB
Seagate Firecuda sshd 3tb
Rtx 3080 strix oc 12gb
Chassis phanteks p400a black
Monitor Aoc 24g2
Audio interface xox ks108
Mic from headset dbe gm500

Naufalsyq

Commendable
Jun 10, 2020

CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
+ audio equipment
It seems every of my "needed grounding " equipment has 3 prong and it's all grounded, so this is not the case. How about ground loop? You don't think it is ground loop?

Lutfij

Titan
My socket is grounded and I'm sure of it because my pc case doesn't shock me wherever i touch it.
Did you make sure your bare feet were making contact with a (non-carpeted, non-wooden)tiled floor? Carpets and wood are insulators.

I also check it myself it has 3 cables so it is grounded and it's not the problem.
Often times a wall outlet might have a grounding but there are instances where the grounding wire is missing within the outlet, I'd advise calling a certified electrician over and inspecting your wiring in your home.

Superflower leadex ii 650w 80+ gold
How old is this PSU?

Naufalsyq

Commendable
Jun 10, 2020
My socket is grounded and I'm sure of it because my pc case doesn't shock me wherever i touch it.
Did you make sure your bare feet were making contact with a (non-carpeted, non-wooden)tiled floor? Carpets and wood are insulators.

I also check it myself it has 3 cables so it is grounded and it's not the problem.
Often times a wall outlet might have a grounding but there are instances where the grounding wire is missing within the outlet, I'd advise calling a certified electrician over and inspecting your wiring in your home.

Superflower leadex ii 650w 80+ gold
How old is this PSU?
bro i'm 100% sure it is grounded and of course i do touch it while my bare feet touch the floor. i have multiple socket in my room and one of em isn't grounded and when i plug my pc into it guess what, my pc shocks but the static noises completely gone.

How old is this PSU?
it'd be 3 years by april 2023

Naufalsyq

Commendable
Jun 10, 2020
@Lutfij the usb with ferrite bead doesn't help at all, everything still the same.

UPDATE
the static noise gone when i touch the pc case with my palm

it seems my pc case affected by the ground loop which affects my usb port as well..

any solutions?