[SOLVED] My Ram is running on 1886 instead of its advertised 3200 mhz

May 29, 2020
I just bought another pair of G.Skill Aegis F4-3200C16D-16GIS and was in hope to double my Capacity.
I pluged them in and enabled XMP. Which by the way worked for my earlier 16gb pair.
So, i plugged them in and had Bluescreens with Errors like "Memory Mangement". There were many other BSOD's but those seemed to be unrealated really. Just came with the bug.
So now it worked, but only on 1866 MHz and i dont know what to do. It dosent work on XMP.

MY Setup:
MSI Mortar Max B450M (Latest Bios)
The Ram stated above
Ryzen 7 2700x (Base Clock)
Nvidia GTX 1060 3Gb
Samsung SSD and a Toshiba HDD
I know there are other threads, but they didnt workout for me.
I really dont know what to do anymore. My System is on CSM not UEFI, i dont know if thats a problem or not.

Im very thankfull for any help!

Last edited:
Solution
Voltages will make in all honesty no difference, they can't "talk" to each other so to speak, I would send the new kit back and get 2x16 if you need more RAM. Then you are guarenteed hassel free from the start and not risking blowing one of your RAM sockets !!!:)
Not great news that, RAM is sold in kits because they are tested and guaranteed to work together at the speed on the box, even from the same brand and make they are made with different batches of silicon and may(as in your case) not be totally compatible, Throw a Ryzen 2nd Gen that is picky about RAM anyway and you get issues.

If it is booting I would run Memtest 86 and see what comes up, may well crash though....

May 29, 2020
Not great news that, RAM is sold in kits because they are tested and guaranteed to work together at the speed on the box, even from the same brand and make they are made with different batches of silicon and may(as in your case) not to´tally compatible, Throw a Ryzen 2nd Gen that is picky about RAM anyway and you get issues.

If it is booting I would run Memtest 86 and see what comes up, may well crash though....
I did that and it gave me the lovely massage that i have Hardware problems... But as u said, i used them sepperatly and then they worked flawlessly. Do you think it would be a better idea to give my new badge back and sell my others for a pair of 2 16gb sticks? Or should i keep trying to fiddle with my Voltages?

Voltages will make in all honesty no difference, they can't "talk" to each other so to speak, I would send the new kit back and get 2x16 if you need more RAM. Then you are guarenteed hassel free from the start and not risking blowing one of your RAM sockets !!!:)

Solution
May 29, 2020
Voltages will make in all honesty no difference, they can't "talk" to each other so to speak, I would send the new kit back and get 2x16 if you need more RAM. Then you are guarenteed hassel free from the start and not risking blowing one of your RAM sockets !!!
Alright, thats seems to be the only plausible thing to do. Thank you!