My samsung smart tv won't connect to the internet. It connects to the router but not the internet, can someone help

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobsHardware

Reputable
Feb 24, 2015
I got exactly the same problem today and a friend of mine who has a Samsung Smart TV reports the same problem. It makes me think it could be a dodgy update because I get Internet OK from the computer.

I tried changing the DNS to 8.8.8.8 but it doesn't change anything. Something must have happened to the TV in the last 24 hours.

I wonder is it possible to see when the TV downloaded updates?

BobsHardware

Reputable
Feb 24, 2015

I thought about doing that. I can get it by pressing INFO MENU MUTE POWER.

Is there any danger in doing a factory reset?

Rustler

Reputable
Feb 24, 2015

2 Samsung TV's in the house and both have just started happening here too! Annoying.
Have tried different DNS Settings
Different cables
Turning off all hardware and software firewalls
Static IP's and DHCP

Still the same.

randreu

Reputable
Feb 24, 2015
Same exact problem here, started today, never happened before.

- Did a hard factory reset, no luck. So I'm not sure if it's related to an update (I suppose the factory reset should wipe all updates)
- Tried connecting to my cell phone personal hotspot, the same. So the problem is not my router (all other devices work perfectly)
- Tried different DNS servers (including 8.8.8.8), no luck
- Even though TV reports no connection, it anyways logs me in to my Samsung account on SmartHub, but no application can be started

Given that a couple of us started with this symptom today or in the last days, maybe is related to some Samsung service being down?

x2lt

Reputable
Feb 24, 2015
Same here. Did a factory reset, reset my modem, changed DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, nothing. But it makes me feel a little better that I'm not the only one. So maybe it's an issue with Samsung. Also, after I did factory request, I was able to login into my Samsung account. And I know the internet is working because first time I entered the password wrong and got an error message. So it really seems to be some weird issue coming from Samsung. Hopefully they will fix it soon.

sauliuslag

Reputable
Feb 24, 2015
My samsung smart tv UE46 ES6300 (about 2 years old) today aswell won't to connect to internet wireless or throuth cable. Screen shows that tv conected to router but router not conected to internet. I tried with laptop-everything is fine on cable and wireless.
In the bedroom I got 2 months old 22"sams. That still works proper.
Me not alone :)
I

PatriciaG

Reputable
Feb 24, 2015
Mine did the same today (February 24, 2015) - I tried many things... then out of despair went in the general menu - selected support - then software update. I did not think it would work since the tv was saying it could not connect to the internet though it could connect to the router... well the update started loading!!!!! then the update was installed and... problem fixed!!!

Leeber

Reputable
Feb 24, 2015
Another sucker here. Just spent the whole evening trying to connect to Netflix. Tried changing the cable, connecting via wifi, rebooting router and tv. Nothing seems to help. At least I know its not just me I guess

PatriciaG

Reputable
Feb 24, 2015

Did you try what I just posted - update software?

JoeQuestion

Reputable
Feb 24, 2015
Thank you PatriciaG. Seems like you saved everyone a bunch of time. I honestly didn't think the software update would work without internet. Must have been a bug. Thanks

PatriciaG

Reputable
Feb 24, 2015

Honestly did not think it would work either!!! it was a mix of frustration, despair and a dash of hope that made me try it :pt1cable:

x2lt

Reputable
Feb 24, 2015
I also downloaded the latest update. I was able to update with no problem, however, even after that I still can't connect to internet. Gonna have to wait I guess.

nod25

Reputable
Feb 25, 2015
exact same problem to me! mine is a wireless connection, connects to network but not internet. Hope this is something to do with Samsung and an update will be issued to fix this soon. Wanted to watch Better Call Saul yesterday lol

soniku

Reputable
Feb 24, 2015

Reporting the same problem after firmware update, also the tv does not seem to update over the internet neather. so had to force an update using a USB.

Status
Not open for further replies.