[SOLVED] My screen is black and when i change where HDMI is plugged i get normal display

Dec 7, 2021
So, when I start my Windows 10 PC with HDMI cable plugged in into graphic card I get black screen and when I change it to integrated I get normal display. But that's not it, when I start my PC with HDMI cable plugged in into integrated card, I again get black screen and when I change it to graphic card I get normal display and everything working normally.

Solution
For motherboard information:

https://www.minitool.com/news/check-motherboard-model-windows-11.html

Should work for/apply to Windows 10 as well.

Disk drives: Open the Disk Management window, expand to full size, take a screenshot, and post here via imgur (www.imgur.com).

For PSU: Look at the back of the case - any labels?

If not, then you will need to shut down, unplug, open the case, and look inside. If you are not comfortable doing so then find a knowledgeable family member or friend to help.

Try turning off all power savers and screen savers just as an interim process of elimination. Also on the Monitor via the Monitor's menus - if any.

However, I think that the core problem is some configuration setting...

Ralston18

Titan
When you "change it" do you mean that you just physically unplug the HDMI cable from the computer's iGPU and into the GPU. Or vice versa?

Is the computer on when you unplug and replug the HDMI from one port to the other?

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Motherboard
CPU
GPU
Disk drive(s)
PSU
Monitor(s)

Reactions: Vojin Krstic
Dec 7, 2021
Yeah, physically and both ways, if I want my PC to run on GPU, I turn on PC with HDMI plugged in IGPU and after few seconds I change it to GPU.

Yeah computer is on.

Motherboard: don't know
CPU: Intel i5 3470
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 280x
Disk drives: Not sure but I have one hdd and one ssd
PSU: don't know
Monitor: Lenovo 23,8", again don't know much more

Ralston18

Titan
For motherboard information:

https://www.minitool.com/news/check-motherboard-model-windows-11.html

Should work for/apply to Windows 10 as well.

Disk drives: Open the Disk Management window, expand to full size, take a screenshot, and post here via imgur (www.imgur.com).

For PSU: Look at the back of the case - any labels?

If not, then you will need to shut down, unplug, open the case, and look inside. If you are not comfortable doing so then find a knowledgeable family member or friend to help.

Try turning off all power savers and screen savers just as an interim process of elimination. Also on the Monitor via the Monitor's menus - if any.

However, I think that the core problem is some configuration setting.

Knowing what motherboard is installed may help identify what and where something needs to be done.

Solution