Question My Sony TV is not working ?

Apr 5, 2024
I recently got a PS3 from my Best Friend, and I connected it to my SONY TV. It worked well perfectly for a DAY. Then I updated the PS3 because I wanted the PS3 to look good and look modern. After the update, it worked, and I played on it then I turned OFF my TV. The same day I wanted to turn ON the TV, but the TV didn't come on at all. I was searching for the light it made when the TV is on but to no avail, it didn't come on.

I searched for solutions to the problem, and I tried EVERYTHING, but it didn't work. I thought it might have been the capacitor, but I also don't want to put it for servicing because if this is a problem that I could fix then I wouldn't have to spend money. If you want any more information before the incident, I will provide it to you if it helps in resolving the problem.

Please do reply as I don't want to waste my dad's money.

Ralston18

Titan
Which model Sony TV?

Are you sure that the power source/outlet serving the TV is working? Also check the power cord - both ends.

Try other power sources.

Go online and find Sony's website and then search for the applicable TV User Guide/Manual. Hopefully there will be a troubleshooting section in the User Guide/Manual?

DaleH

Prominent
Mar 24, 2023
I recently got a PS3 from my Best Friend, and I connected it to my SONY TV. It worked well perfectly for a DAY. Then I updated the PS3 because I wanted the PS3 to look good and look modern. After the update, it worked, and I played on it then I OFF my TV. The same day I wanted to ON the TV, but the TV didn't ON at all. I was searching for the light it made when I ON the TV but to no avail it didn't come. I searched for solutions to the problem, and I tried EVERYTHING, but it didn't work. I thought it might have been the capacitor, but I also don't want to put it for servicing because if this is a problem that I could fix then I wouldn't have to spend money. If you want any more information before the incident, I will provide it to you if it connects to resolving the problem.

I use a Sony tv for a monitor. Occassionally it will not boot. I resolve it by removing power from the Sony and then plugging it in again. That works for me every time.

DaleH

Prominent
Mar 24, 2023
i know but i want to know if there is anything i can do
I don't know what model you have, but frequently it is cheaper to get a new tv. Don't blame yourself for the failure, it didn't happen because of anything you did. It could be the power adapter that is inline with the power connection to your tv, if it has one. Mine has one. Does the power from the wall outlet go through a small box like thing before it plugs into your tv? If so, that could have failed. This is what would change the 120VAC to a low DC voltage for your tv. To eliminate it, you could measure its output with a voltmeter. Lacking a voltmeter, I would think you could take it to a repair shop and they would likely measure it for no charge.

Apr 5, 2024
I don't know what model you have, but frequently it is cheaper to get a new tv. Don't blame yourself for the failure, it didn't happen because of anything you did. It could be the power adapter that is inline with the power connection to your tv, if it has one. Mine has one. Does the power from the wall outlet go through a small box like thing before it plugs into your tv? If so, that could have failed. This is what would change the 120VAC to a low DC voltage for your tv. To eliminate it, you could measure its output with a voltmeter. Lacking a voltmeter, I would think you could take it to a repair shop and they would likely measure it for no charge.
i dont have a box like thing connecting to my TV. It's only a plug

boju

Titan
Ambassador
What happens if you disconnect Playstation Hdmi from TV then turn TV on? Does this TV receive some other signal as well, RF or cable TV? Try change channel?

See if you got a local repair guy who fixes TVs. Wouldn't be much, $100 maybe.

tried it for more than ten minutes. I tried it for 24 hours, didn't work

option 1
turn tv on at the wall.
hold tv power button thats on the tv not remote and press select it can be a backlight issue.

option 2 discharge capacitors on tv.
remove power cable from the wall.
hold the power button on the tv for 15 to 30 seconds
plug tv back in and tap power button on tv not remote.

once tv is on update the software
https://www.sony.com/electronics/su...h_xh92xx-series/xbr-65x900h/software/00270055

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2024
I recently got a PS3 from my Best Friend, and I connected it to my SONY TV. It worked well perfectly for a DAY. Then I updated the PS3 because I wanted the PS3 to look good and look modern. After the update, it worked, and I played on it then I OFF my TV. The same day I wanted to ON the TV, but the TV didn't ON at all. I was searching for the light it made when I ON the TV but to no avail it didn't come. I searched for solutions to the problem, and I tried EVERYTHING, but it didn't work. I thought it might have been the capacitor, but I also don't want to put it for servicing because if this is a problem that I could fix then I wouldn't have to spend money. If you want any more information before the incident, I will provide it to you if it connects to resolving the problem.

Remove the power cord from & hold power button on the tv, not the remote for 10-15 sec. to drain any residual electricity stored.
Power Up & make sure to go into Settings & fix Sony update bug.
Settings > Remotes & Accessories > RS232C control (Via serial port)

Apr 5, 2024
Why would that be a reason? Motherboards, consoles, power supplies are unattached for some time before purchase. Couldn't explain what's going on, id assume normally, but over there, maybe something doing odd things.
Because in Modern TV's it is possible for them to shut down completely if not given power to save electricity. I researched about it and I'm going to see what happens if I leave the Power on for the power cable.

DaleH

Prominent
Mar 24, 2023
I wouldn’t be surprised. Many Dell computers we buy for work come with something like a 90 second power save setting for the monitor. We got new copiers a while back and they came with duplexing on by default.
Power saving is different than the problem as described. With power saving, you'd still be able to turn the device on again.

TRENDING THREADS