Question My ssd stopped showing up on BIOS and wont boot but still shows up on windows?

huu

Jan 5, 2023
Hello everyone I'd really appreciate any advice,

Today my about 6 month old SSD stopped working and i'm not too sure why. The only thing I think it could be is either my motherboard port is broken or my ssd has stopped? The issue is, the SSD still shows up on disk management and device manager and in the boot priority (as I had it set to 1st), but the M.2 port connection says N/A. I had two HDD's plugged into the PC but was only using the SSD because the HDD's were faulty (running super slow), I've since tried unplugging both and plugging each in one at a time, as my OS will always boot on my HDD instead of SSD now that it doesn't detect a connection in BIOS.

The SSD is a Samsung 980 500GB for M.2 slot.
I have a prime 450m-k motherboard (1 m.2 slot and 4 sata ports) with 32gb of ram. I've also just updated my BIOS to 2607, I tried uninstalling my SSD from device manager and it was just back there after restart.

Do I need a new SSD, or a new motherboard? Or could this just be a BIOS settings problem or something else?

huu

Jan 5, 2023

huu

Jan 5, 2023
Updated to what version, might I ask? Did you perform a CMOS clear on the board after you've successfully updated the BIOS?
So ive just updated to version 3802 and reset the CMOS battery by taking it out and waiting 2 minutes but still no change in the BIOS.

huu

Jan 5, 2023
Updated to what version, might I ask? Did you perform a CMOS clear on the board after you've successfully updated the BIOS?
I'm pretty sure my SSD and M.2 port is fine as I just removed it but it still only shows up in the BIOS menu when I launch the BIOS.