My st1000vx000 HDD seatools test fail

Matking

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2015
My PC was recently was taking time to open computer, task manager and lagging even in games for 2-4 seconds then working again for some minutes then again laging..
So I checked my HDD with speedfan it showed current pending sector count and uncorrectable sector count as red -.....
Then I checked with seatools it failed..

BUT after that I formatted my c windows drive and after installing windows 7 again i checked again I checked with speedfan again it showed everything OK and seatools also passing test and no more lagging...

Should I claim my warranty as it is underwarranty till July 2017...

I5 4460
8gb ram
Gtx 650
Seagate st1000vx000 hdd

Solution
Does the lagging happen only while formatting?
Either way, I'd definitely send an RMA request to keep my peace of mind, honestly. There's no way of predicting whether or not the issue will occur again, or if it would even give you any indication of failing next time. If you are dealing with a physical, hardware damage, it's possible that the diagnostic tools might not detect it. I'd recommend you to listen closely to how the hard drive is operating when you are reading/writing on/to it. If you hear any unusual noises, the sooner you RMA it, the better.

SuperSoph_WD
Hey there, Masroor Andleeb!

This sounds pretty concerning. :( I'd recommend you to test the HDD again using third-party diagnostic utilities as well and benchmark the results.
Since it's still under warranty, you should definitely consider RMA-ing it and getting a replacement from the manufacturer's customer support. If the current pending sector count and the uncorrectable sector count fail again, I'd not trust any important data with that HDD.

Best of luck!
SuperSoph_WD

Matking

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2015
Now I checked with crystal disk and it shows health status good ...... All attributes are blue ...no prblm.....

Can it happen again after sometime..
So should I RMA... Thanks in advance

Hey there again, Masroor Andleeb!

I'd advise you to keep an eye on the drive for now and make sure you monitor it every once in a while. It is possible that the errors from the HDD diagnostic tests are from misreading as well. However, you should always make sure you have the data stored on that drive backed up to another HDD or storage device for safe keeping. This is the best way to avoid any potential data loss or corruption.

Best of luck!
SuperSoph_WD

Matking

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2015
If error was a misreading then why was it lagging before format?
Do u think it can happen again?
So should I go for RMA?
BTW I also backed my some important data into my old Seagate baracuda 320gb....

Thanks for quick replies.....

Does the lagging happen only while formatting?
Either way, I'd definitely send an RMA request to keep my peace of mind, honestly. There's no way of predicting whether or not the issue will occur again, or if it would even give you any indication of failing next time. If you are dealing with a physical, hardware damage, it's possible that the diagnostic tools might not detect it. I'd recommend you to listen closely to how the hard drive is operating when you are reading/writing on/to it. If you hear any unusual noises, the sooner you RMA it, the better.

SuperSoph_WD

Solution

Matking

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2015
So I will RMA ......
TBH sometime (actually when my pc yellow on PC case (process led) glows or during copying booting PC it gives very low Kerr sound for sometime and quiets...