[SOLVED] My system doesn't go to sleep MODE by itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

apalace

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2014
My Specs:
MB: Asus Rog Strix B550-E Gaming / CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900X / Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S / PSU: Corsair RM850 (2021), RM Series, 850 Watt 80 Plus / RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz (CMW16GX4M2C3200C16W) / ASUS TUF GeForce RTX 3070 TI
Windows 11 Pro Ver. 21H2 / "Armoury Crate" installed

Hello everyone!
My system doesn't go to sleep by itself. If I put it on Sleep it is OK, but I set it up to go to sleep after 30 min., but never went to sleep.
I have other PC with Windows 10, it is fine.

My display gets off after 10 minutes with no problem.

I did the command "powercfg /requests" and everything says "None" except System which says:
SYSTEM:
[DRIVER] ASUS Utility (ROOT\MEDIA\0000)
An audio stream is currently in use.

Now I am not sure if this thing prevents the system to go to sleep or not, but how can I stop it?
I tried this command:
powercfg -requestsoverride DRIVER ASUS Utility (ROOT\MEDIA\0000)
But it didn't help, still the " [DRIVER] ASUS Utility (ROOT\MEDIA\0000) An audio stream is currently in use." appears.

Any tips or comments how to finally solve the SLEEP Mode please?

Colif

Win 11 Master
It might be a start up program over riding your choice (possibly part of Armory crate)

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

it doesn't remove anything, it just stops programs starting with windows. Easy to reverse

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

apalace

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2014
It might be a start up program over riding your choice (possibly part of Armory crate)

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

it doesn't remove anything, it just stops programs starting with windows. Easy to reverse

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.
Thanks for your reply.

If I had to bet I would say its Armory crate screwing you.
Thank you for your comment.

Did you install the AMD Chipset drivers (directly from AMD)

Yes the driver was installed directly from AMD.

I found out the issue..
I went to Device Manager, and under "Sound, video and game controllers" I disabled "Asus Utility" then tried the Sleep Mode (set it up to 2 minutes for test purpose), my system slept immediately.

So the issue is Asus Utility.
But can I leave it disabled? Or does my system need it for important processes?

apalace

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2014
I would recommend uninstalling the Asus utility (as previously suggested). It is not needed.
But there is no program called Asus Utility, I see only a driver under the Sound section of Device Manager.
Maybe it was included in (Armoury Crate) programm?
So will there be any harm to my system if I uninstall the Asus Utility driver or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.