Question My system is underperforming in some games

Fakhri2020

Prominent
Jul 6, 2020
My current system specs:
CPU : RYZEN 3 3100
GPU : RX 570 4gb (PowerColor)
Ram : 16 gb (8x2)

My main problem is when im playing battle royale game like Apex Legends and COD:WARZONE.
I use these video for reference of what I think my pc should run the game : apex - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGqPv4kUY_M&ab_channel=Mim'zGamingYT , COD:Warzone - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcB4kMUhDvE&ab_channel=Mim'zGamingYT

When I play apex with the lowest settings @ 1080p, I get nowhere near the performance like the video above. When i'm on the plane I only get about 30 - 35 fps and when I land on the map, it run at 50 - 70 fps with a lot of stuttering and my average fps is about 56 - 65.
COD:Warzone is worse, I try to play on the lowest setting @ 720 and I can only achieve fps with an average of 40 - 47 fps.
But this problem doesn't occur in a other battle royale game like pubg, it runs very smooth about 80 - 90 fps on highest settings.
I also monitor the system while in-game using MSI afterburner and rivatuner statistic server and i can't seem to find anything unusual or maybe I just don't know if something is wrong. My gpu is running like it supposed to be about 98% - 100% while my cpu never touch 100%.

Sorry for my bad english, I tried to explain it as simple as possbile and thank you so much. I'am looking foward for you guys replies!

My current system specs:
CPU : RYZEN 3 3100
GPU : RX 570 4gb (PowerColor)
Ram : 16 gb (8x2)

My main problem is when im playing battle royale game like Apex Legends and COD:WARZONE.
I use these video for reference of what I think my pc should run the game : apex - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGqPv4kUY_M&ab_channel=Mim'zGamingYT , COD:Warzone - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcB4kMUhDvE&ab_channel=Mim'zGamingYT

When I play apex with the lowest settings @ 1080p, I get nowhere near the performance like the video above. When i'm on the plane I only get about 30 - 35 fps and when I land on the map, it run at 50 - 70 fps with a lot of stuttering and my average fps is about 56 - 65.
COD:Warzone is worse, I try to play on the lowest setting @ 720 and I can only achieve fps with an average of 40 - 47 fps.
But this problem doesn't occur in a other battle royale game like pubg, it runs very smooth about 80 - 90 fps on highest settings.
I also monitor the system while in-game using MSI afterburner and rivatuner statistic server and i can't seem to find anything unusual or maybe I just don't know if something is wrong. My gpu is running like it supposed to be about 98% - 100% while my cpu never touch 100%.

Sorry for my bad english, I tried to explain it as simple as possbile and thank you so much. I'am looking foward for you guys replies!
That high usage just shows that your CPU and GPU are maxed out and that's not a good thing.
One more thing (beyond usage) is to check if CPU is hitting 3.9GHz or just slightly less. Another thing is memory speed, is it set to its highest XMP ?

Fakhri2020

Prominent
Jul 6, 2020
That high usage just shows that your CPU and GPU are maxed out and that's not a good thing.
One more thing (beyond usage) is to check if CPU is hitting 3.9GHz or just slightly less. Another thing is memory speed, is it set to its highest XMP ?
yes it is hitting 3.9 ghz and the memory is om 1750
this is my recent test on the game :
View: https://youtu.be/fJyrQS-dXSs
(in plane) and
View: https://youtu.be/ba-8l3UzwOg
(in game on a spot with no grass visible) also keep in mind im playing on the lowest possible settings @ 1080p

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
And what is your RAM situation? You don't mention your RAM speed at all, which is important for a Ryzen CPU. Also, 8 GB is less than ideal for COD Warzone -- notice that the video you're referencing has 16 GB -- as it's very inefficiently coded in this respect and can be a RAM hog. If your PC is having to resort to using slower memory, that would definitely cause things to come to a halt.

Reactions: CountMike

Fakhri2020

Prominent
Jul 6, 2020
And what is your RAM situation? You don't mention your RAM speed at all, which is important for a Ryzen CPU. Also, 8 GB is less than ideal for COD Warzone -- notice that the video you're referencing has 16 GB -- as it's very inefficiently coded in this respect and can be a RAM hog. If your PC is having to resort to using slower memory, that would definitely cause things to come to a halt.
Sorry if I didn't write it clearly. Yes, I do actually run 16gb (8gb x 2) at 3200MHz. I also attached my benchmark on the reply to CountMike.

then your power draw is too low,
download new drivers (dont install them yet),
uninstall your current drivers in safe mode,
https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
unplug internet cable, if its wifi turn of wifi router before u reboot into normal windows
then install new drivers
u can connect back to internet
if u have any overclocking tool installed, and u have saved overclicking profile, reset it

Fakhri2020

Prominent
Jul 6, 2020
unplug internet cable, if its wifi turn of wifi router before u reboot into normal windows
then install new drivers
if u have any overclocking tool installed, and u have saved overclicking profile, reset it
Okay, I will try this tonight and test the games. Thank you for your reply! I'll let you know when I'm done.

Fakhri2020

Prominent
Jul 6, 2020
then install new drivers
I did this and nothing changes, the game is still running poorly.

Fakhri2020

Prominent
Jul 6, 2020
then install new drivers
I have done this but nothing changes. My GPU power consumption also stays the same like before. Is this what cause my problem? I don't think that my PSU is at fault but I might be wrong. I am currently using this PSU (Aerocool LUX RGB 550W Powersupply 80+ BRONZE 230V - PSU)

Fakhri2020

Prominent
Jul 6, 2020
My specs:
GPU : RX 570 4GB stock (PowerColor)
CPU : Ryzen 3 3100 stock
RAM: 16gb (8x2gb @3200MHz)

It seems that my system runs these 2 game poorly. I have no problem running PUBG High setting but I can't even run these 2 games smoothly with the lowest settings @1080p.
On warzone I use all the lowest settings and my fps when the airplane animation up to the landing scene is around 20 - 30 fps, 50 - 70 fps inside building but when I look to the middle of the city it dropped to 30-40 fps.
On Apex legend I also use the lowest setting @1080. Before jumping from the plane and looking to the whole map is 30 - 35 fps, when in game or on the map I get around 60 - 80 fps.
I use MSI afterburner and Riva tuner statistic server and I can't seems to find anything sketchy. My GPU usage is around 99 - 100% always and the CPU never touch or even get close to 100%. GPU also running just fine with Memory Clock @1750MHz and Core Clock @1250MHz, CPU is also running just as good @3900 MHz. What I took notice is the GPU power usage, when playing games like apex and warzone, the power usage of the GPU is around 70 - 90W and every video I watch uses around 110+W.

What I have tried to fix this:
Reinstalling driver using DDU.
Reinstalling games on HDD and SSD.
Turning on and off AMD Anti-lag.

Short video of my own gameplay on apex, ill try to record warzone too when I have the time.

Thank you for taking your time to read my thread.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
My specs:
GPU : RX 570 4GB stock (PowerColor)
CPU : Ryzen 3 3100 stock
RAM: 16gb (8x2gb @3200MHz)

It seems that my system runs these 2 game poorly. I have no problem running PUBG High setting but I can't even run these 2 games smoothly with the lowest settings @1080p.
On warzone I use all the lowest settings and my fps when the airplane animation up to the landing scene is around 20 - 30 fps, 50 - 70 fps inside building but when I look to the middle of the city it dropped to 30-40 fps.
On Apex legend I also use the lowest setting @1080. Before jumping from the plane and looking to the whole map is 30 - 35 fps, when in game or on the map I get around 60 - 80 fps.
I use MSI afterburner and Riva tuner statistic server and I can't seems to find anything sketchy. My GPU usage is around 99 - 100% always and the CPU never touch or even get close to 100%. GPU also running just fine with Memory Clock @1750MHz and Core Clock @1250MHz, CPU is also running just as good @3900 MHz. What I took notice is the GPU power usage, when playing games like apex and warzone, the power usage of the GPU is around 70 - 90W and every video I watch uses around 110+W.

What I have tried to fix this:
Reinstalling driver using DDU.
Reinstalling games on HDD and SSD.
Turning on and off AMD Anti-lag.

Short video of my own gameplay on apex, ill try to record warzone too when I have the time.
Thank you for taking your time to read my thread.
Your video card is maxed out. For the videos of the other cards using 110 watts if it's not the exact card and running the same temperature then you can't compare the watts used. (even if it is the exact brand and model number card they could have their power slider pushed up and or have the card overclocked)

Fakhri2020

Prominent
Jul 6, 2020
Your GPU is at 100% usage. That means it can't push any more frames.

I'd replace that PSU you listed in your other thread for the same problem.
But why am I getting way worse performance? Should't I at least get almost the same fps? For example, other rx 570 can run warzone high setting and getting atleast constand 60 fs while I can't even get constanst above 60 fps while on low preset settings.

Fakhri2020

Prominent
Jul 6, 2020
Your video card is maxed out. For the videos of the other cards using 110 watts if it's not the exact card and running the same temperature then you can't compare the watts used. (even if it is the exact brand and model number card they could have their power slider pushed up and or have the card overclocked)
But why am I getting way worse performance? At the very least I still have the same card but my performace in these 2 games is way off by a long shot.

Fakhri2020

Prominent
Jul 6, 2020
gpu usage isnt full gpu usage, once shaders kicks in, power draw will raise by quite a bit, your low quality settings kinda forcing your gpu not using shaders too much
u seems to be bottlenecked by rop/tmu (anitialiasing/anisotrophic filtering)
What do you mean by "gpu usage isnt full gpu usage? " what should I change on the game settings? I already tried using atleast medium set but I can't even hit pass 40 fps in these 2 games.