Atomega

Commendable
Oct 11, 2021
Hi,

I just bought a Ryzen 9 5900X and a watercooling, Be Quiet! Silent Loop 2 280mm. I would like to hear the opinions and experiences of other people with the same CPU because sometimes my temps are too high.

So my temps are:
  • Idle: 50 °C
  • Everyday task (discord, chrome, ...): 60-62 °C
  • Gaming: 75-80 °C
The first thing that's weird is that my fans from watercooling run faster and so make more noise than my aircooler (Dark Rock Pro 4).
The weirdest thing is that when I open an app, like Spotify, Google Chrome, or Discord, my CPU takes 15 °C.

In my opinion, it is not normal because before, when I was not playing, I didn't hear my fans at all. And now, for example, when I load a webpage or open an app, my CPU is at 72 °C (and so make a lot of noise compared to before).

All experience and ideas are welcome; don't hesitate to ask for more details.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Solution
Sounds like a plan, I am using a Fractal Meshify S2 myself. If I bought one now I be tempted to get a Torrent instead... but they not really suited to AIO. More air.

Entire PC might run cooler.

Misgar

Notable
Mar 2, 2023
I'm running a 7950X with a big air cooler (Noctua NH-D15) at 90C continuously for up to 36 hours during video rendering sessions. I wouldn't worry too much about 80C in games on water. Perhaps you need a 420mm radiator with slower fans, or you could always go back to the Dark Rock Pro 4.

Years ago my old Phenon II X4 965 would crash when it hit 60C. Modern CPUs are designed to run much hotter, e.g. 90C (AMD X3D)/95C (AMD)/100C (Intel).

Atomega

Commendable
Oct 11, 2021
I'm running a 7950X with a big air cooler (Noctua NH-D15) at 90C continuously for up to 36 hours during video rendering sessions. I wouldn't worry too much about 80C in games on water. Perhaps you need a 420mm radiator with slower fans, or you could always go back to the Dark Rock Pro 4.

Years ago my old Phenon II X4 965 would crash when it hit 60C. Modern CPUs are designed to run much hotter, e.g. 90C (AMD X3D)/95C (AMD)/100C (Intel).
Okay thanks, that makes me feel better haha :)

Atomega

Commendable
Oct 11, 2021
The max temp of CPU is 90c, anything below that is fine as far as AMD are concerned, but then they don't have to be in same room as it.

your temps are fine.

is aio intake or exhaust?
Its an exhaust. Honestly, i'm not so worried about max temp but more about my idle temps :/

One of the reason that i bought a watercooler is because that make less noise than an aircooler for pretty much same cooling perf.

And have 60 and sometimes 72 just by using Google Chrome looks odd for me.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Have you tried putting aio as intake as it being exhaust means it intakes all heat from inside case before cooling CPU.

Also, is it summer there as ambient temps play a part as well.

50c does seem warm, my AIO is almost always same temp (40c) but I only have a 3600xt. It does depend on what temp you are watching, the package will always be hotter than a core

Atomega

Commendable
Oct 11, 2021
Have you tried putting aio as intake as it being exhaust means it intakes all heat from inside case before cooling CPU.

Also, is it summer there as ambient temps play a part as well.

50c does seem warm, my AIO is almost always same temp (40c) but I only have a 3600xt. It does depend on what temp you are watching, the package will always be hotter than a core

Hmm, I didn't tried but i think its my case (NZXT H440) because the top panel is not very nice and the heat it trapped into it. I remove it and im currently doing stress test like cinebench and the max temp is 70 °C.

So its maybe the problem, i'll keep you in touch :)

Atomega

Commendable
Oct 11, 2021
Hmm, I didn't tried but i think its my case (NZXT H440) because the top panel is not very nice and the heat it trapped into it. I remove it and im currently doing stress test like cinebench and the max temp is 70 °C.

So its maybe the problem, i'll keep you in touch :)
Well, that help a bit when i'm just using chrome i'm around 55 °C so It's fine but in my opinion, still thinking it's high for the task like navigate on internet.

Atomega

Commendable
Oct 11, 2021
those temps still appear normal for that CPU

link - also explains why it might jump higher when starting a browser

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nzxt-h440-case-review,3734.html I see what you mean about case. Closed off front and top... It wouldn't have been my choice. I would consider getting something else with a mesh front. Probably explains fan speed.
Yeah haha, i have this since a very long time. I think it's the main problem definitly.
I was thinking about buying the fractal North that have very nice reviews, looks like a good compromise between airflow and design.

TRENDING THREADS