Question My USB hub reassigns my keyboard with enough peripherals

Jan 27, 2020
I have a laptop which is my functioning school and gaming machine. I got some new peripherals, but they exceed the number of USB ports on my laptop. I bought a USB hub to see if that would allow me to plug them all in, however when I plug in more than a single peripheral to the USB hub (like a razer firefly and mouse), after a short delay my keyboard is assigned to special characters. This would be characters like ä, ®, é, å, ð, and é. This applies to keyboard peripherals as well. When I unplug the USB hub, the keyboard works perfect again. I can confirm that the current draw through the USB hub is well under its limit, so I'm trying to figure out what is causing this problem. Any explanations, suggestions, or solutions would be much appreciated.

EDIT:
My laptop is a Predator Helios 300, the peripherals I'm trying to plug in are a keyboard, mouse, razer firefly mousemat, tartarus pro keypad, and a ps4 controller.

Ralston18

Titan
Please list all of the USB peripherals you are plugging into the laptop and hub.

And this:

"I can confirm that the current draw through the USB hub is well under its limit, so I'm trying to figure out what is causing this problem. "

Make and model USB hub?

What "current draw" specification and value are you referring to?

Does the hub have its' own independent power source?

Jan 27, 2020
The peripherals I'm trying to connect are:
  • Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 Keyboard
  • Razer Naga Trinity Mouse
  • Razer Tartarus Pro
  • Razer Firefly Mousemat
  • A PS4 controller functioning as an audio device
(Yes I like razer, they fit well together)
Currently the mouse, keyboard, and mousemat are being plugged into the USB hub, with the other two devices connected to the other two USB ports on my laptop.

The USB Hub is a cheap one I bought on Amazon as a test to see if it would work, an Anker 4 port USB 3.0 Hub.
Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L32B9C2?ref_=ams_ad_dp_ttl
The current draw I refer to is the maximum power draw of devices connected to the hub, which for this hub is 900 mA. When I plugged my mouse and mousemat into the hub (which combined are a current draw of 500 mA), I got the aforementioned problem above.

The hub does not have its own power source, it takes up a single USB port on my laptop, meant to extend it to 4 ports.

Apologies for the late reply, I was at work for most of today.