Jan 21, 2020
Before I lay all the happenings, here is my overall computer spec. I built this windows pc around January of 2019

Operating: Microsoft OEM Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, 1-Pack, DVD

Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi (Intel LGA1151/Z390/ATX/2xM.2 Thermal Guard/Onboard AC Wi-Fi/RGB Fusion/Motherboard)

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K Desktop Processor 8 Cores up to 5.0 GHz Turbo Unlocked LGA1151 300 Series 95W

GPU: ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 O8G ROG STRIX OC Edition GDDR6 HDMI DP 1.4 Type-C graphics card (ROG-STRIX-RTX2080-O8G-GAMING)

RAM: Corsair LPX 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz C16 DDR4 DRAM Memory Kit, Black (CMK32GX4M2B3200C16)

chassis: Fractal Design FD-CA-MESH-C-WT-TGC Computer Case

So around September of 2019, I was watching movie off of vlc (and I don't just use vlc i use other media players just because some other video players have different features but that's not the point) and then suddenly i was catching audio playing 0.2 second - 1 second faster than the video screen.

So I paused and rewinded and watched it again, it is still doing that, so I turned it off and restarted video and it started playing okay until after 10-20 minutes later audio is out of sync again.

And it wasn't just video player but on streaming service or online video; Youtube, Netflix, etc

And not just one internet browser but every browser; Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Edge etc..

So I started searching internet for solution. Someone told me to reinstall audio driver, yeah so i did it through Device Manger... No go.

I tried reinstalling graphic driver (Nvidia) ... No go.

I tried unchecking fast startup on power management on control panel... No go..

I tried playing sound from my internal speaker in my Benq monitor, well.... it was on sync and had no problem!

but the thing is, my monitor's speaker is like 1980s quality. It is scritching and noisy.

So back to my out of sync realtek driver audio.

I tried switching to over-the-ear headphone, in-ear headphone, speaker, i even tried plugging it on the back of the chassis at my motherboard and still same out-of-sync issue.

Yes, I tried turning all them volume property off or disable like audio enhancement and special effects and whatnot.. I even turned the audio sampling? to dvd quality or lower bit rate? things
and i even went to BIOS and tried to turn off that HPET? and whatnot but still.... No go...

It was playing all fine before September and now.. I can't even play one simple god damn tv show for more than 10 minutes without experiencing audio sync issue..

Can anyone please help me with this problem..?

Whenever I search this issue, mostly their solutions are similar and those solutions are not helping at all....

I, although, think there is something to do with Realtek driver but god damn this driver website is all techinical jargons and its also in chinese so I cant read anything and even if i did i wouldn't know what really I have to install..

Jan 21, 2020
Jan 21, 2020
Jan 21, 2020
First of all,I don't think your CPU is throttling by above specs. All is fine.
And CPU has nothing to play with audio lag. So try uninstalling and installing new ones as it might help
uninstall what and install again you mean????

im sorry im so dumb when it comes to computer i have to literally have a link to really do what you tell me to do.. Im so sorry :((((

Jan 21, 2020
Did this work? bc I been having the same problem and Im pretty sure I did this and it started happening a few days later again

I've been having same issue once again (not for the last couple months but now its starting again)

so i'm going to repeat the process
Uninstall realtek and reinstall from his link above